Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another of of those problems that most of us think we shouldn't have. The truck actuator button rusted out of my 06 STS. I bought a replacement online but it appears there may be some programing required for the new switch as it doesn't work, any suggestions?

·
Registered
08 STS-4 N* 1SG, 08 DTS Luxury II, 04 Bonneville GXP N*
3,206 Posts
There is no programming required for this. If your switch was corrorded, I'd also be looking closely at the connector terminals and wiring. I have seen several instances where moisture has wicked into stranded automotive wire leading to corrosion and open circuits. Unsealed splices in areas of high moisture are also a problem.

If you have corrosion at the trunk release switch, you have a more serious problem. No moisture should be able to penetrate this area. There is a water deflector that attaches to the sheet metal of the door behind the door panel. This is very important in keeping water out of places it shouldn't be. If this is damaged, missing or not properly attahced, you can most definitely start to have problems.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! yes the connection and wires were also corroded i used connection cleaner and a toothbrush to clean them but i'm not sure i am getting a good connection. i will also check for the deflector mentioned. as i agree this is an unlikely place to have water damage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts