Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the 06 strut brace about a month ago, and still nothing. My parts guy said GM has none built. They will surface in april he told me. He took down my VIN so he can bump me to the front of the list, shave off a few months he said. Any other experiences with this?:hmm:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Mine has been on order for 6 weeks. Odysseus ordered one about the same time. I guess they need them all for production cars.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
I stopped by my dealer last week to pick up some things as a favor to Pete (yes, I'm bribing him to keep me at the top of the list for huggers!). My parts guy said he still hasn't heard anything on the brace, but would call me as soon as he hears anything. Since it's the same part as the one for the new V, I'm sure that most of the allocation is for that, with more allocated to those who order a CTS Sport package with the brace option. I prepaid for mine, so I'll simply be patient, since it's the only one that will fit our V6's for under $400.

I got my V sway bars in yesterday, though. So I have a little something to feed my addiction during my time off next week!

·
Registered
1999 Black and Tan STS
753 Posts
You guys should check out the Ground Control set-up showing in the V forum, awesome if you're serious about the handling of your CTS.

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
Now be gentle Bob. Unlike some of my 'V' brethren, I have not forgot that the CTS came before the V and the two have far more in common than there are differences. For that matter I sort of miss my CTS right about this time of the year. The V becomes a garage queen with the crappy winter roads around here.

Anyhow . . . did you check out 'Dreamin's thread on the coil over kit built by Ground Control? Looks pretty sweet and is something that may have an even better application for the CTS guys looking to do some suspension mods/lowering.

Read the thread and tell me what you think.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
OldRoadDawg said:
Now be gentle Bob. Unlike some of my 'V' brethren, I have not forgot that the CTS came before the V and the two have far more in common than there are differences. For that matter I sort of miss my CTS right about this time of the year. The V becomes a garage queen with the crappy winter roads around here.

Anyhow . . . did you check out 'Dreamin's thread on the coil over kit built by Ground Control? Looks pretty sweet and is something that may have an even better application for the CTS guys looking to do some suspension mods/lowering.

Read the thread and tell me what you think.
Yes I did look at it. Very impressive but I gotta think it's gonna result in a ride to firm for me. It's primary application is for the CTS-V. Price is fair.
You thinking about it? You've been drinking a lot of yuenling lately. Can you still get under the car?:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts