Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS, 2006 CTS-V
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got dyno`d. They didn`t want to tune it because of previous problem with a Caddy computer almost crashing it...They did say that vettes with similar setups were getting 450 - 470 rwhp.

Baseline (with B&B x-pipe) 331rwhp/333rwt
+maggie,B&B headers, magnuson tune 390rwhp/379rwt

Maggie putting out 5 lbs. (should be good for +/_ 100hp?)

looks like a typical dyno sheet, I`ll try to post it when I get access to a scanner.

Has anyone had an '06 maggie dyno tune?

I may have to get a CAI, lord knows I could use the +5hp.

Thought I was through with the mod bug...

·
Registered
Cadillac 2004 CTS-V
173 Posts
Go with a 2.8 pulley and a tune and you'll see 430-440 at the wheels :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,709 Posts
Remember too tha the LS2, though bigger displacement, is running higher compression than the LS6. So your boost will be slightly lower. You just need a good dyno tune and you'll be there.

Norm

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
My first dyno was 389 rwhp with a good tune on a stingy dyno,no cai,no headers,3.0 pulley with only corsa exh.Like it or not your close to where you should be.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Magnuson is now including a 2.9 pulley, not a 2.8 pulley, on their CTS-V units. Not sure why.

Personally, I'd recommend a 2.6 pulley and an awesome tune. You can even *mail order* both of them on this forum. You'll be so happy you won't give a shiat what the dyno sheet says.

WW

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
2.9 stamped on the front pulley
Fax the pages to Magnason and tell them that is unacceptable. They advertise rwhp gains much higher than that &, in my mind, it's "their" problem to fix. They will probably send a smaller pulley.

5lbs seems way too low and your increase in HP is rather pathetic for a supercharger. You probably want to be hanging around 7 lbs.

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
It seems like deja vu from two years ago with the early adopters. This time it for a LS2. Could be the tune, could be the pulley, could be the IC circuit, could be the dyno, could be _______.

That's why we call it MOD HELL. :lildevil:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts