Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well like I said in this thread, I went to a dyno day/car show. The V made 326/330 on a dynojet. Completely stock, just a short shifter and odds and ends. Time to buy some power mods now.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
203 Posts
My 06 LS2 just now finishing up with Maggie, headers, harmonic balancer, etc, Should be interesting to match it up with yours. I never did the "basleline."

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,059 Posts
Dyno-to-dyno variations probably explain it, but other guys with LS2s seem to run a bit higher at baseline ... 330s, IIRC. Still more than LS6s that seem to run in the lower 320s.

Most importantly, do your mods and go back to that same dyno ... if you can.

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,082 Posts
Heh, my frist dyno I peaked at 295.

Like Randy said, the numbers produced are so subjective. You have a baseline now. Use the same dyno now to chart your progress in hp/tq you pick up. Don't get caught up in the actual totals, rather the gain mod to mod

If you really *must* be a hero, then go find a superflow dyno, and ask them to graph you at 'DynoJet Corrected' numbers. Your stock LS2 would probabaly be about 360 rwhp on one of those.

-Chris

·
Registered
'05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys
1,070 Posts
agreed. it's all dyno. My V made 380/376 on a Mustang 4WD dyno, which is dialed in for VW/Audi/Porsche at AWE Tuning in Willow Grove, PA. basically stock, AFAIK, since I'm not the original owner... with Corsa exhaust and LPE intake that I added. ::shrugs::

·
Registered
07 - CTS-V
407 Posts
I need to get the picture up but on a Dynojet I made 342/338 the car has a Corsa Catback and LPE CAI, but i doubt either added anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts