Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 DTS Performance
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have searched the DTS forum using various keywords but cannot find any info about my issue. My car is an '06 DTS Performance. I bought it in November 2014 with 47,000 miles. The car now has 105,340 miles. Here is my problem. When I come to a complete stop, I feel a shudder/shake/kick once, maybe twice, and that's it. It doesn't happen any more until the next stop. If I shift into neutral after I have stopped, I do not feel it. It does not matter how quickly or slowly I decelerate to a stop, I still feel this shudder/shake/kick. The engine idles smoothy and quietly and the car drives and steers without any shaking or vibrations. I completed a 1,200 mile trip in July, another 1,200 mile trip over Veteran's Day weekend, and I just got back from a 1,300 mile plus trip over the Thanksgiving holiday. All without issue. Now I feel this shudder/shake/kick. By the way, at 100K, I took the car to the Caddy dealer and they changed all fluids (oil, transmission, coolant) and replaced spark plugs. I mention new spark plugs because that was an item mentioned in several posts. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS, 2004 BMW R1150RT
27 Posts
When I come to a complete stop, I feel a shudder/shake/kick once, maybe twice, and that's it. It doesn't happen any more until the next stop. If I shift into neutral after I have stopped, I do not feel it. It does not matter how quickly or slowly I decelerate to a stop, I still feel this shudder/shake/kick. The engine idles smoothy and quietly and the car drives and steers without any shaking or vibrations.
I have been experiencing the same exact issue with my 06 DTS, I'm at 116k miles right now. I have replaced three coils within the last year and remedies the problem every time. Right now I am on the case of determining root cause. Check out my latest post about it Here.

·
Registered
2006 DTS Performance
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello aacampbell.
Thank you for sharing that information. I scanned through all posts (I will re-read in detail later.) and that must be what my issue is as well. I was thinking it was transmission related; glad it's not. I feel better knowing how to present the problem to the service tech when I take the car in to be checked. I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS, 2004 BMW R1150RT
27 Posts
Hello aacampbell.
Thank you for sharing that information. I scanned through all posts (I will re-read in detail later.) and that must be what my issue is as well. I was thinking it was transmission related; glad it's not. I feel better knowing how to present the problem to the service tech when I take the car in to be checked. I appreciate your help.
When you're able to see all of the posts that I linked, you will find that the coil(s) going bad might be a just a symptom of a whole other problem. As I said I am on the case of finding the root cause. In my case might be a faulty ECTS sensor. Your case I hope is just as simple as needing a new coil or something even simpler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts