Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CADILLAC DTS PERFORMANCE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 06 dts with 78,xxx on it bought in Feb. Bought at a Chevrolet dealer for 12,500 as is after tax clean body and int. Dealer claimed it was traded in and the pre-inspection was clear no leaks, good condition well that turned out to be untrue imagine that! Since purchase dealer has had to replace both front struts, serp belt, alignment. Those are just what I found on initial test drive. Had a cadillac dealer inspect it day after purchase they had a shopping list of stuff including oil from lower crankcase union gasket. Then after owning two weeks headlights began to fail I replaced both bulbs and 1 ballast 180$ while doing this I found more oil and trans leaks. That pushed me over the edge I contacted the dealer and showed them the paperwork documenting the leak was evident from purchase after their wall of Defense and me pushing their customer satisfaction policy they finally agreed to fix all the leaks. Had entire sub frame out for Both valve cover gaskets,union gasket,oilpan gasket, trans cooler line, trans fluid and gasket, mobil 1 oil They had the car for 14 days and I had a loaner but still wow then when I picked it up noise was coming from trans interior was black with grease someone should of been fired. When I got home I noticed trans fluid leak again so I took it back. Picked up today they said axle nut was not tight and a trans line fitting was defective how convenient. I know I rambled on for a while but the message is if you're going to buy one of these Cadillacs or any nstar do your research cuz if I didn't do mine I would have been a smuc buying this thing would of had to cut losses and move on. I also want to thank those who participate in this forum I have been monitoring it closely and it has helped me through this whole process now I have had five to seven thousand dollars worth of work done after I purchased the cady. If you're going to buy it from a non Cadillac dealer be especially careful. The techs will scratch their heads when something is wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Let me clarify the dealer presented me with documentation at purchase that backed their claim about the vehicles condition being perfect. I would never buy anything based on someone's word which is why with the fear of legal problems. They had no choice other then to make it right.

----------

This forum is for support not criticism. If you can't be respectful then you should go start your own forum.

·
Registered
2008 DTS PERFORMANCE GONE (R.I.P.)
1,160 Posts
Actually I was serious, there was a white DTS on a lift while mine was in. In the light it looked like mine. So I go over to the service rep. with my mouth open looking at all the parts laying around wondering why when they were working on the interior.
Meant no disrespect.
By the way, I very glad to see the customer come out on top. Way to watch your six!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks but I was actually directing that to danog not you but no mine is not white until next time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts