Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 eldorado
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 dts with 182,000 miles..when I am sitting/idling the coolant temperature rises to 3/4 mark and the heat blows colder but as soon I accelerate it's the coolant temperature goes back to 1/2 and the heat blows normal.does anybody have any idea what's going on here.

·
Registered
2011 cadillac dts
556 Posts
Firts thing you got to do is to check the antifreeze it has to be low you may a leak some where. Add some antifreeze

·
Registered
99 eldorado
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found the leak the water pump is leaking smh but I'll take that over head gaskets any day ..any write ups on replacing water pumps

·
Registered
2011 cadillac dts
556 Posts
You have to remove the water pump housing I would recommend to do it asap . The pump may break and make sure they replace the haousing gaskets

·
Registered
99 eldorado
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I changed the water pump and thermostat earlier today was a PITA.. now no leak but the coolant in the tank is bubbling/steaming.

·
Registered
2011 cadillac dts
556 Posts
It would do it by it self let it run with the cap off until the fan come on and sime of coolant come out

·
Registered
99 eldorado
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok its running fine now (coolant wise) not bubbling or over heating .. now I'm having a problem with the idle while I had the water pump housing off I cleaned the throttle body and upper intake with carb cleaner and now it idles at 1600 rpm and accelerates by itself

1 - 14 of 14 Posts