Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 DTS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently repaired a gasket that blew. Engine overheated and was leaking coolant previously. After I repaired the gasket, coolant pulley and belt the car was running fine (for one night). While pulling into my driveway the car began to sputter and the next day when I started her up she was running really rough and loud. The car has been sitting for over a month and I just tested and charged the battery, started the car. It's throwing a random misfire code p0300 and sputtering. After turning the car off, it was completely dead.

Today I recharged the battery and started her up (I have a video of the misfiring). It sounds like there may be a hissing coming from the intake area.

What could be the issue?
Just had spark plugs and tune up 6 months ago

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium, 2009 DTS Base (sold), 1997 Eldorado Coupe
69 Posts
First of all, how many miles are on the car? The hissing sound could be a vacuum leak. Maybe one of the vacuum hoses has come loose or have split open causing a vacuum leak. Make sure all the vacuum lines are connected and not dry-rotted.
If you were not having battery charging issues before you replaced the gasket, perhaps the charging wire on the alternator has come loose or has a dirty connection. If that is not the case, I would suspect either the battery or the alternator
needs to be replaced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts