Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
mkcad said:
look a lot like the old base deville! I am so glad that the bench seat is not standard anymore!
That's because it is - the nose and tail are different but the middle is the same. I can't wait 'til people start wreckin' them so I can update the looks of my '01.

Jim

·
Registered
92 Posts
Turbojimmy - can't wait to see you graft the new nose and tail on '01 DTS. Your rebuild story with pictures was fantastic - so, please, when you do the '06 update, please... LOTS of pictures.

e

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Lanzz said:
Turbojimmy - can't wait to see you graft the new nose and tail on '01 DTS. Your rebuild story with pictures was fantastic - so, please, when you do the '06 update, please... LOTS of pictures.

e
lol - thanks. Trouble is that most people hit stuff with the fronts of them. As the base cars become more popular in rental car fleets I might be able to pick up some body parts. The nose looks like it would be easy. The rear requires grafting in 1/4s which probably isn't worth the effort. I like the interiors though - I'm willing to bet they bolt right up.

Jim

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
I love everything about that car with the exception of the hood ornament being gone. Mercedes still uses hoodies, why is Caddy dumping them? At least keep the hoody. The back reminds me of the '69 DeVille's back end.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm releived to see there is a bench seat option. The one I drove had the shifter on the side and I hate that. Now they just need to bring back digital dash and hood ornament options.

·
Registered
280 Posts
DopeStar 156 said:
I love everything about that car with the exception of the hood ornament being gone. Mercedes still uses hoodies, why is Caddy dumping them? At least keep the hoody. The back reminds me of the '69 DeVille's back end.
You're right!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I test drove a DTS with bucket seats, which I found very comfortable. I then bought a DTS with the bench seat, which I like, but I don't think the bench seat is as comfortable as the bucket seat. Is it just me or is there something to this...

·
Registered
35 Posts
:crybaby: Frankly, bench seats remind me of something an old fart would drive around. At 57 I still don't consider myself an old fart! I think I would have to reject a Caddy with long bench seats. I also notice then I often times put my hand on the gear shift on my current ride (an Infiniti 1994) so I would miss not having that in the new (or 'previously loved') Caddy I'll be buying this year.

HOOD ORNAMENT...isn't there something after market you can buy and put on or does that look like too much BLING BLING?

·
Registered
468 Posts
The REAL DTSs prior to the 2006 never had a hood ornament. The ornaments only came on the floater models. Glad they didn't junk up this combined (all old DeVille models merged into one) with an extra piece of chrome to clutter up the car.

I understand the problem. My dad who has owned DeVilles for years always commented on how plain my DTS versions looked. Of course he always had cloth tops, fender skirts on a couple, extra stainless band around the bottom on a couple and of course hood ornaments (which always seemed to be broken or missing about half the time) and other clutter.

Think it's a generational thing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bling bling.
It is also a regional thing, me thinks.

I used to live in Los Angeles and had a very chromy Eldorado and DeVille. Such cars were common in LA in the 80s and 90s.

I moved to Portland Oregon and people are ashame to show chrome on their cars or drive anything bigger than a Ford or toyota. I DID see a real estate lady in a chromy Mercedes putting up her signs on Sunday.

So, LA, lots of chrome and bling and other places---less so.:thepan:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
15 Participants
ussyorktown