Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 DTS 2005 DeVille 1999 Deville
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and searched and did not find any answers (aside from change the fuse) or similar situation. If I missed a thread, please direct me. I know it is a pain to see the same question over and over, so if I missed it, I apologize.

All of my cigarette outlets are dead. Worked fine one day, next day they didn't.
Haven't noticed any other function dead.
All fuses in both boxes are fine and/or brand new. All fuses in both boxes were tested. (All fuses - not just lighter fuses).
I don't think the rear outlets were ever used.
Front outlet by ashtray was only lightly used.
Nothing in outlets.
No other problems with electrical.

Relay? Wiring? Something else?

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Look at fuse F23 15A (early) 20A (late) for Cigar liters and one Auxiliary outlet.

F14 is for 3 Auxiliary outlets.

Some fuses may look good because they didn’t blow at the bottom and blew at the top out of site.

The trunk release, BCM. Courtesy lights, and Power seat are on the same buss as the cigar lighters. If any of them are working, the buss is working.

·
Registered
2006 DTS 2005 DeVille 1999 Deville
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put new fuses in 23 and 14 and it didn't do any good. There was a 3rd one I tried on a whim, but it didn't work either. All other fuses tested ok. Everything else is working. I am not sure what else to check.

·
Registered
2006 DTS
83 Posts
According to the schematic, fuse F14 controls the LR RR and Auxillary outlet (if equipped) and they do not appear to be relay controlled. The LR outlet has its own ground wire (to somewhere). F23 controls the main (front) lighter/jack and is relay controlled and shares the ground with the RR outlet which isn't relay controlled. So are all 4 outlets dead? If you have a volt-meter or test light, connect the ground to something metallic on the frame of the car and then check all 4 (or 3 depending on your car) center posts (down inside the hole in the center) to see if it might be a common ground issue rather than a supply issue. If they read hot on the center posts with the test light or voltmeter 06 DTS FUSES.gif , then you are tracking down a ground issue. If they are all 4 (or 3) dead on the center post, then it is something before the fuse block or in the fuse block itself that is the problem.

·
Registered
746 Posts
F23 controls the main (front) lighter/jack and is relay controlled and shares the ground with the RR outlet which isn't relay controlled.

F23 is not relay controlled. F14 and F23 are on all the time. You may be mistaken the Cigar lighter Elements as Relays?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts