Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2468 fuel injectors are out , it's not a fuse and all the injectors themselves are reading 12.9 . Is it the connectors or a faulty wire somewhere ? I cant figure it out pls help

·
Registered
2002 Deville and 2009 DTS
545 Posts
Could it be the Camshaft sensor? They drive the injectors...

Just like the crankshaft sensor drives the sparkplugs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My spark plugs on the front side dont look to good I literally juss checked them rn. Gettin spark plugs right now. But idk as far as the camshaft sensor goes... never thought abt it. Where is that sensor located and how do I know if its bad

·
Registered
545 Posts
What is pointing to your injectors not working? If you simply cannot start your car, then you need to isolate it to lack of spark or lack of fuel ( it cranks just fine, but won't run).

If ALL your injectors are not injecting, the first thing I would look at is the Camshaft sensor. It is on the passenger side of the engine below the power steering pump.

If you tell us what happened to the car before hand, we could have a better idea what was going on.

How do you know they are not injecting? Maybe they are, but not getting fuel. If that is the case, then check the fuel pump, pump relay, or pump fuse.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its starts and it turns over but idles like shit obd reader said 2468 fuel injector circuit now in the past when this this happened it was. Always the injector fuse blown. 2468 only . And now there's no blown injector fuse and I replaced the spark plugs today. Multimeter says all the injectors are reading 12.9. I got gas and by the time I got home it happened

·
Registered
545 Posts
I looked it up and don't see a 2468. Is there any letter in front like a P?

If you still think it's a wiring issue, did someone do work on the engine before this happened?
If not, I'd still go back to the Camshaft sensor.

·
Registered
545 Posts
OH!!! OK, Then was any work done on the engine recently? If you did not say anything about the injectors, I would have told you to change the coil pack on that bank (2468). That the part you pull off to change the spark plugs.

The fact that it's 2468, and you are getting injector issue on ALL 4 of them, I would look at the wiring going back from those 4 injectors back to the control module.

But, for some reason, I am beginning to suspect the coil pack.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Sorry- thats the trouble I have, 1998, 2002, 2009, and 2014 Caddy's. Looking back, you're right about the coil packs.

I say you're on the right track. check the wires from the 2468 ig's- going back to the control module

·
Registered
545 Posts
I took a quick look at my FSM. Here is a diagram.
From looking at the diagram,, I would check

1) Pwr/Trn Relay
2) Change Fuse #3 - even if you think it is good.
3) Check wire 5292 PK/BK for continiuity or the J110 junction for good connection.

If the problem really is 2468 injectors only, and ALL don't work, then the problem is likely to be one of the above and not the ECM.

One other thing you can try is start the engine and see if you are getting voltage spikes to the 2468 injectors. If you do, then you have a grounding problem in the ECM.

If no voltage, then the problem should be before the injectors.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts