Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hardly know were to begin. Busy day, battery suddenly wouldn't hold charge. Took it down this morning, 1 hr. later, electrical system checked and new battery installed no charge. On my way in to pick up I nearly run into the new 06 CTS Sport. Robert your vehicle has arrived! Come to find out they have 3 in stock, all black. I was just a little torqued at first walking around it and looking thru it like a kid on Christmas Day. True to my word I have multiple pictures, they are by my camera phone, so don't expect magazine quality. The breakdown is as follows
1.All 3 were the exact same equipment, all 3 black, the only options I didnt see on them were the Bose and Nav. $40,239 Stickers.
2.Good news on the sports grill, that piece can be purchased seperate from the bumper. I looked behind it and it mounts the same way as our current one. The initial 6 months run can be purchased as color matched. Whats real sweet is the mesh behind the grill is the chrome single mesh like the ones on the E&G's. The trim piece on the hood is seperate and body colored match. You'll be pleased to know the paint(in this case) looks black chromed. Robert if those engine parts you have come back looking like these......WOW!!
3. The wheels in this case are the yet as seen 12 spokes and their polished not chromed. They look good.
4. The chrome tips are a new design with tiny baffles on the sides and look more agressive then the current ones they offer. I looked underneath and the mufflers look the same. On my next visit i'll take a closer pis of the tip's.
5.The spoiler is a nice accent, not to big or blingey and was in this case again color matched. I like it.
6.The rockers really give the sides of the car a little more agressive look and make the lower portion of the ride look more finished. (it should be standard)
7.The strut brace on this model looks a little sinister and again looks black chromed. The headlights are the HID's with washers. I couldn't tell in this light if they are the 4300K types or maybe 5000K units. Still the same amber lights down below unfortunatley. The clear lenses would have made this perfect setup (my opinoin) but O'so close.
Everything else looked the same, the screen colors are the same, instrumentation as well. I included a pic just to show.I'll post another thread on a new grill they have that might fit our rides, I have a part# , so if some one can find out please do. Almost forgot, check out the brushed aluminum looking door sill kick plates. They were only on the front doors, but look sweet.
8. I'm pretty stocked about all this as I'm taking picture's. I have a s!!t eating grin on my face as I head back to parts to get the numbers. I'm babbling like an idiot at my parts guy who is looking all this up. The web site is up but its not showing any of the parts yet. I recieved instead a CD listing all the current parts for our ride and tonight he's downlowding into the system all the new stuff. The CD I have is labeled
General Motors GM DVD9 1.8.7_12, is anybody familiar with this, should I send this to one of you guys who knows how to better access the info.
9. O.K., I'm feeling really good about what I'm seeing and hearing when my parts guy starts making a funny face, I ask what's up? He shows me a screen that is under the CTS info site and listed (no part#'s or description) and get this............a listing for a 4.2 Liter engine and a six speed auto.............. my head is of course swimming when he shows me an ECU upgrade that they will offer. I'm about to nut myself when he say's that it is possible that item could also be for the V, but the accessories guy's were hinting that they have been working on ours. At this point I think I need oxygen. So as you can see this was an exciting day. I'm fired up just re-writing this. I will keep up the visits to obtain #'s and pricing and pic's as I get the info........maybe I should get a better digital. Never the less, sorry the picture quality is not better, but enjoy the look. If you get a chance, call your local dealers and see if they got one in. Hopefully I earned my pay today!!!!!!!
:band:

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All of the pieces will be available individually and they tell me as a package. I can"t wait!!!!

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have my word I'm all over it! I'm at the dealer so much now that I'm allmost an employee!!!!!!

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
B Hoth. Before this new sport grill, all the grills had the chrome piece along the top. Now the sport grill is black. Is that part of the grill or the hood? I really like this sport grill, but I wanna keep the chrome bar on top.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You'll be happy to know that they are seperate pieces. I to like the chrome piece, the painted piece looks realy good as well!

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
AHHH, thats great news! :)

Thanks for the crappy cell pics. ;) The pics are perfect for what we need, and considering they're cell pics, well, GREAT WORK!

How about some more level pictures of the wheel, and brakes. Maybe a close-up of the exhuast tip? The engine bay too.

From the pic, it looks the the strut tower brace is gloss black, not black chrome. Which would suit me better, as chrome black would be too fancy under that hood, imho.

Anyhow, thanks BHOTH!

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS, 2008 Cadillac CTS
733 Posts
If I was a spoiler type person, I would love to get the new one. Much better style than the previous offer. I definately want a strut tower brace and the door sills. I'll have to check what door sills are available for the v skirts. Nice work man!;)

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Those tips look just like the V tips, so I'm good to go their. I love that grill!! but need a PN ASAP. My tower brace is on order.

Yes Hoth, Black is where it's at!!:D

Can't thank you enough for the pics!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I owe you a debt of gratitude as well, just finished tonight doing the silverstar highbeam in my fogs. There retina fryers now. The light is a nice HID like white. I also installed the new Silver star ambers in the turn indicators. They give off the look of the clear lens STS, more defined and a deeper yellow orange color (3157ST). I took a side by side pic but I'm not sure about the detail from the camera phone. Today I'll try the low and high beam.

·
Registered
2005 CTS
78 Posts
Hoth, thanks for sharing your cell pics. I am glad that I went with 19" LX1 wheels after checking out your pic of 12-spoke wheels. Primping up CTS is truly addictive...

·
Registered
340 Posts
B Hoth--lets see some pics of the silverstar ambers!!! I was contiplating buying them. is there enough of a noticable difference from the stock bulbs to get me to spend the $17.

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Escalade, 2006 Cadillac CTS
171 Posts
fpmesiIII said:
how come your caddy dealer gets all the cool rides ? :p
That is because they have a real smart sales guy that keeps up with the ordering... I bought my wife's Escalade from him... Richard Young. He is a straight shooter and I would definetly purchase with him again...

·
Registered
CTS-V
159 Posts
Great info, but all this add on stuff for the CTS makes me wonder where the 07 will be heading? I think I will wait until word on the 07 model starts to leak out. Maybe the money I save now will get me into a 07 CTS!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts