Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 06 cts that wouldn't start and key was stuck in the ignition replaced ecm and programmed the key to where the car will start and run but now getting a u0100 code and service theft system and key gets stuck again any ideas????

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6l VVT Sedan RWD
8 Posts
I'm going through the same on a 2007 CTS 3.6l ... i did the battery and alternator and had WAY LESS issues!!!!, so the ECM isn't the problem per say ... if you look for recalls on your vehicle you will see it should of had been recalled (Ignition Issues) but it never got anywhere in the long run.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going through the same on a 2007 CTS 3.6l ... i did the battery and alternator and had WAY LESS issues!!!!, so the ECM isn't the problem per say ... if you look for recalls on your vehicle you will see it should of had been recalled (Ignition Issues) but it never got anywhere in the long run.
I will look into that next thanks busted

·
Registered
23 Posts
AM having same issue, but have new alternator and good battery, scan showed codes, tried pulling fuses to reset ECM/Anti-theft as directed, NOW no communication with scantool ?? Still no crank/no start/ No guages/key stuck, but now the security light goes off and doors don't lock when I try to start and it no longer tells me to remove the key because of incorrect.

Also, key I have been using for 4 years and FOB, now FOB does NOTHING. Got other FOB and it works, but very sluggishly, batteries great in both.

Thinking ECM as well as something else also. Sparked ratchet handle on starter terminal while replacing Catalytic Converters immediately prior to these issues.

I'm fairly lost as I got this car for free and it has been pretty good the last 4 years. Meaning I have never needed to get too awfully familiar with it because it never needed much. Just spark plugs and fuel injectors after two years but had mechanic do that for me because I wasn't familiar yet and needed to get it smogged and registered in a hurry to get the CEL to go out. Noiw I am not sure I even WANT to get familiar with this Known/Issue/GM/Heap Of Crap !! It is definately not as fun to play with as my old Dodge Maxivan I stripped to carcass and reassembled for work vehicle. Would take one of those in trade for this thing in a heartbeat ....... EVEN if the car was working perfectly !!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts