Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an oddball 06 CTS, no not the CTS-V... With a 2.8 l manual transmission. Upon trying to bleed my clutch I found that the bleeder valve is sucking air when closed hence being my problem...

Does anyone know what size bleeder valve I need to buy? They have quite the selection at the auto store..

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,196 Posts
I'm not sure I understand how it could be sucking air while it's closed. Wouldn't it leak fluid out rather than sucking air in? Or are you saying you open the bleeder, push the pedal down, close the bleeder, and then when you let the pedal back up it's sucking air in?

That's a tough one. You may just have to remove it, eyeball it, and then reinstall it so you can go buy another one.

Where the heck is the bleeder on the Aisin manual? I've been looking at diagrams on wholesalegmpartsonline.com and can't find it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay well to better accurately describe it. When you put a clear hose on the end of the bleeder and you have it stuck in a plastic container with the old fluid. I had my brother pump and then push the pedal down and hold it as I open and close the valve. When I close the valve before he let his foot up I could see the fluid going back into the valve through the tube. So that tells me that the valve is not closing all the way. Which if there is no tube and no container with fluid that tells me that is how air is getting into the system. And yes the valve was wet with fluid when I started so apparently it's leaking. However, that's not really what I was asking about. I was just seeing if anyone knew what size the valve was.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >131k miles
701 Posts
In situations like this I usually call the dealer parts dept and ask them to identify the part. No reason to spend hours searching!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts