Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS 3.6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1st gen cts (3.6l) has been giving me this issue for a while now. It intially started doing it at 40mph (slight hesitation) and once i passed that speed it would drive normal. Then it got pretty bad. I had it scanned and had p0420 and p0430 codes (catalytic and/or O2 sensor codes) bank 2 only btw. I changed both cats and all 4 O2 sensors replaced, clean my throttle body, replaced my maf sensor, changed fuel filter and it stopped doing the hesitation at 40mph and then started doing it at 60mph. I noticed after about a month that the cat on the driver side (bank2) got loose because it became really loud. When i got under the car and tightend the bolts, its started doing it at 40mph again. Aside from that i had oil on my spark plugs and coils so i replaced my valve cover gasket and the gaskets to the coil and spark plugs themselves as well as the spark plugs and coils. I know my car is pretty old and has 150k miles on it but im determined to fix this problem. Not getting any other codes. If any1 has had this problem or knows what coukd be going on please help and feel free to reply. Thanks

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6
78 Posts
I’m having a similar problem but between 2300./2800. Rpm it stumbles doing the passing gear but once over that rpm it smooth sailing with good pick up speeds.mine 149.000 miles on it no check engine light I did replace bank 2 cat

I will put some injections cleaner in.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 2.8L
706 Posts
Techron seems to be considered as one of the most effective cleaners. I would also get some "MAF SENSOR" cleaner and give it a couple of good sprays. Also get some "THROTTLE BODY" cleaner and give it a good cleaning.

Roy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts