Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, looking for some help on a freinds 2.8L. he just got a check engine light P0304 - cyl #4 misfire.
he said he notices the car feels sluggish, i figure it was the code put it into limp home mode or something like that.
i cleared the code for him, havent driven the car yet dont know if its going to come back, but i think it is.
im really hoping that its not timing chain related and its just a misfire.
i guess the other thing it could be is the spark.
should i swap the coil to a diff cylinder and see if it follows? sounds like the recommendation i would probably give to someone on here to test things out.

first thing i noticed besides the light was a slow rough start. i did notice it wasnt great a few months ago but it wasnt this bad. feels like it struggles to start, almost sounds like its low battery...i didnt test his voltage because i thought of that after, maybe ill tell him to get the battery load tested but it seems like its been starting poorly for a long time so i dont think the battery is the issue, and i dont think it would have lasted all the cold days if it was weak.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,880 Posts
That's exactly what I would do. Swap out that coil pack with an other on the other side. Then swap out the plug with a different plug. So coil packs 5 to 6, and plug 5 to 4. Just to see if it's the coil or plug. If it's the plug, then cylinder 4 will start to show up, if it's the coil pack then 6 will start to show up. If it stays on 5, which I doubt, then there are different issues at hand.

KOT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts