Cadillac Owners Forum banner

221 - 232 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V
35 Posts
Any updates? My local dealer claims they ordered the parts and June 3rd it is scheduled to go in to have the recall fixed. Never received a letter saying parts were available and when I asked the dealer they said they had to request the parts and no letter would go out...sounds fishy. I did verify it is for the STS-V.

·
Registered
'06 STS-V; '10 STS 1SG; '08 Escalade, '08 Escalade EXT
502 Posts
Just a bump on this - My fuel pump has been "whirring" since early 2014 intermittently, and a new fuel pump assembly was ordered then under GMPP - but a big '0' available nationwide, -- that was at 60k miles. I now have 69k miles and still trucking along, but I checked the recall site tonight and still 'No Remedy Available' with my VIN. I have reached out to GM at this point, and asking for an escalated case number. I'm not going to keep driving it as it is.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
40 Posts
Another heads up, I finally got my letter from GM today stating that the parts are available. So it looks like we should be taken care of soon.

Hoping this fixes my gas gauge as well. Within seconds will go from 3/4 to 1/4, then slowly go back. Weird.

·
Registered
'06 STS-V; '10 STS 1SG; '08 Escalade, '08 Escalade EXT
502 Posts
As, a follow up - after two weeks since I dropped off my car, I picked it up today. Fuel Pump module, sending unit, sensor, and fuel tank were all replaced.. And filled up with gas.. Downside, crinkled my passenger side rocker molding.. That will be 3 replaced this year .. Both by dealer error for recall/warranty work.

·
Registered
06 STS-V & 06 STS 4 (sold 2016)
2,696 Posts
Their body shop was actually able to repair and repaint the plastic. Looks like new. No cost to me.

I was surprised it was repairable.

221 - 232 of 232 Posts