Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS-V
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed over on the CTS-V forums people were talking about a new recall, and they were saying it also covered the STS-V. So I went ahead and checked it out. It's for the fuel pump module. The recall was just issued on Sep 4th, 2014. Figured I would bring it up to your guys attention.

Here is a link to the thread in the CTS-V world.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/575362-possible-cts-v-fuel-pump-recall.html

GM Recall #:
N140405

NHTSA Recall #:
Awaiting#

Date Issued:
Sep 04, 2014

Recall Title:

Fuel Pump Module

Recall Description:

General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2004-2007 model year (MY) Cadillac CTS-V and 2006-2007 MY Cadillac STS-V vehicles. In the subject vehicles, the fuel pump module electrical terminal may overheat and cause localized melting of the flange material near the overheated electrical terminal. The melted flange material could create a hole, or leak path, in the fuel pump allowing fuel to escape from the fuel pump module.

Safety Risk Description:

This condition may result in fuel leaking from the fuel pump to the ground, diagnostic leak codes set by evaporated fuel emissions, or intermittent engine performance that could include stalling, increasing the risk of a crash.

Repair Description:

Dealers will replace fuel module and fuel tank jumper harness, free of charge.
Recall Status: INCOMPLETE. Remedy not yet available.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS-V
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does this car cover vehicles out of warranty?
Yes, it should be covered out of warrany, free of charge.

----------

Interesting. I don't know what's worse for my car, giving it to the dealer to work on or having this possibly defected module.
I am the same way. I am pretty skeptical about giving them my car. But a free new fuel pump at 110k sounds nice.

·
Registered
06 sts-v
261 Posts
Sweet was debating putting new pump in mine but gm employee cost for the pump was 550 bucks I'll just wait get it for free plus getting paid to install

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Recall status incomplete? Does that mean it's not ready for dealers to do it or you just haven't done it your self yet?

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS-V
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Recall status incomplete? Does that mean it's not ready for dealers to do it or you just haven't done it your self yet?
I have not done it yet. But the dealer still cant do it yet. They are still working on solving it.

·
Registered
06 sts-v
261 Posts
When gm comes out with a recall it will show up on gms site when you run a vin check. but if it's brand new recall it won't have any info on service information yet for it parts wise and repair directions yet

·
Premium Member
'79 coupe deville, '04 Deville DTS White Lightning
3,211 Posts
Re: Recall #N140405

This sounds familiar. Didn't this happen to the car Ryan sold to a member on these forums??

12,778 Posts
Re: Recall #N140405

I noticed over on the CTS-V forums people were talking about a new recall, and they were saying it also covered the STS-V. So I went ahead and checked it out. It's for the fuel pump module. The recall was just issued on Sep 4th, 2014. Figured I would bring it up to your guys attention.

Here is a link to the thread in the CTS-V world.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/575362-possible-cts-v-fuel-pump-recall.html

GM Recall #:
N140405

NHTSA Recall #:
Awaiting#

Date Issued:
Sep 04, 2014

Recall Title:

Fuel Pump Module

Recall Description:

General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2004-2007 model year (MY) Cadillac CTS-V and 2006-2007 MY Cadillac STS-V vehicles. In the subject vehicles, the fuel pump module electrical terminal may overheat and cause localized melting of the flange material near the overheated electrical terminal. The melted flange material could create a hole, or leak path, in the fuel pump allowing fuel to escape from the fuel pump module.

Safety Risk Description:

This condition may result in fuel leaking from the fuel pump to the ground, diagnostic leak codes set by evaporated fuel emissions, or intermittent engine performance that could include stalling, increasing the risk of a crash.

Repair Description:

Dealers will replace fuel module and fuel tank jumper harness, free of charge.
Recall Status: INCOMPLETE. Remedy not yet available.
Hello jasonp12,

If you have any questions or concerns related to your vehicle and any possible recalls please feel free to send us a private message with your VIN. We can take a look and provide you with all the necessary information.

Katie O.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 13 cts vagon
1,611 Posts
Re: New recall effecting 2006-2007 STS-V issued, yesterday.

That's what happened to my 06 that I sold. You would be driving at 75 mph and the car would just stall that's fun. And after a week of doing it it caught fire.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
Re: New recall effecting 2006-2007 STS-V issued, yesterday.

I'm really debating whether or not I should do it. What do y'all think?

1 - 20 of 232 Posts