Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it work to use a single smaller or larger axle from the appropriate year V to help eliminate the hop? I have an '04 - if I put in one larger axle from an '06/'07 V would this help similar to the DSS solution? I currently am runnin a CAI, Stealth V tune, and Corsa. I may be addin headers soon but I won't be running any real significant power gains for quite a while. What do ya'll think? Has anyone actually tried it?

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
is there anyone with a single axle from a '06/'07 that would be available for cheep? i don't know that left or right would make a difference.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
Its been tried. Supposedly it didn't work.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Been tried, didn't work. It's not the size, but rather the difference in windup that stops the hop.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
The occurence I recall was by happenstance. A forum member broke an 04 or 05 axle while under warranty and the dealer installed an 06 or 07 axle because that was all that remained in the parts supply inventory. There is a post somewhere, but you may need to read through a number of wheel hop threads.

M

·
0 Posts
im lookin im lookin!

also if anyone has disassembled either of the stock v axles i would enjoy photos of that before i got take mine apart.

i am thinking of something..

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
I swear someone tried it before but I can't find the thread or post anywhere.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
is there anyone with a single axle from a '06/'07 that would be available for cheep? i don't know that left or right would make a difference.
As soon as I get my Hendrix-engineering axles in (perhaps tomorrow) I will have a set of 06-07 axles. These were purchased new and installed in my 05 V less than a year go - no more than 2k miles on them. If the experiment does not work at least you would have a set of the stonger half shafts. PM me an offer if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
im lookin im lookin!

also if anyone has disassembled either of the stock v axles i would enjoy photos of that before i got take mine apart.

i am thinking of something..
I have a set of shafts sitting on the shelf. Are you coming up for V-Day, You could grab them if you wanted a good look (without pulling your own).

Ron

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,082 Posts
who tried it? post?
The occurence I recall was by happenstance. A forum member broke an 04 or 05 axle while under warranty and the dealer installed an 06 or 07 axle because that was all that remained in the parts supply inventory. There is a post somewhere, but you may need to read through a number of wheel hop threads.
I swear someone tried it before but I can't find the thread or post anywhere.

Marty (lasstss) did it:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...halfshafts-no-more-wheel-hop.html#post1545103

Imaginary rep points 4 me!

-Chris

M

·
0 Posts
ya good find, i guess if when he had one and one and it made no difference.. that the difference btwn the years was not big enough.

i dont need to see any in person, pics are fine, really needto see the center shaft of it disassembled.

now if somebody is looking to give away a 06-07 shaft then bring it along!

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Mighty,

I will happily load mine into my car on Sunday, and take them up to the track, you can disassemble and look all you like, as long as you put it all back together :)

M

·
0 Posts
hmm.. well thanks for the offer, but i would need more fooling around time than i'd have out there. ill let you know maybe i can rent them from you some other time.

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
How about this :

I'll bring them to the track, you take them home, next time you are up this way (I'm in Herndon) return them.

As long as you fill me in on your top secret project :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts