Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys - What has happened to the lease rates on the '05s? It seems like they're discounting them aggressively but the lease numbers I was quoted are terrible. Anyone else having that experience?

Also, on the '06, can anyone hazard a guess as to the sound? I LOVE the way the '05 LS6 V sounds. For me, small changes in performance are not going to be a big deal, they're both very fast I'm sure, I just want to make sure the LS2 V sounds and feels the same.

Anyone have thoughts on either issue? Thanks.

·
Registered
330 Posts
bsteven43 said:
Guys

Also, on the '06, can anyone hazard a guess as to the sound? I LOVE the way the '05 LS6 V sounds. For me, small changes in performance are not going to be a big deal, they're both very fast I'm sure, I just want to make sure the LS2 V sounds and feels the same.

Anyone have thoughts on either issue? Thanks.
When Motor Trend tested the 05 V with the LS6 and the 05 GTO with the LS2 they actually liked the sound of the GTO better.

Feb 05

·
Registered
CTS
182 Posts
MCaesar said:
When Motor Trend tested the 05 V with the LS6 and the 05 GTO with the LS2 they actually liked the sound of the GTO better.

Feb 05
That's due to the exhaust system rather than the motor.

·
Registered
330 Posts
CarToys said:
That's due to the exhaust system rather than the motor.
True, but the point stands that people should not assume the LS2 will not sound as good as the LS6 just because it isn't as much of a race motor.

·
Registered
131 Posts
MCaesar said:
True, but the point stands that people should not assume the LS2 will not sound as good as the LS6 just because it isn't as much of a race motor.
Ditto on this!

Also, the LS2 has a smoother idle and a broader power band. In the V, I would expect this to equate to more pulling power around town during in-gear acceleration runs, etc. I'm not sure there would be much difference in a 0-whatever run between the 6 and the 2.

I personally like the peakier power of the LS6 and the shake at idle which makes it my choice when comparing stock for stock. However, with a cam, software tweak and a couple of other mods, you would be right back to the LS6 feel if that's what you are after.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts