Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,969 Posts
Service manual says it needs to be 690 CCA (cold cranking amps), model number is 101-6YR, should provide 63 A/H (Amp hours) and a 110 minute reserve capacity.

If you feel there might be parasitic draw:

Check and record the current reading.
Note the battery reserve capacity, amp hour rating. Refer to Battery Usage.
Divide the reserve capacity by 4, amp hour rating by 2.4.
Compare this to the multimeter milliampere reading taken in the previous step. The parasitic current drain should not exceed this number.
Example: If a battery has a reserve capacity of 100 minutes , (60 A/H) the current drain should not exceed 25 mA .

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac STS Northstar V8
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Thanks for the help guys glad I'm finally sorting battery issue out before it dies somewhere inconvenient haha

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
When I decided to stretch the life of my OEM battery, I caught a jump-pack for $40 on sale. I've used it for camping & backup power around the house. I never did need it in the car. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got an '06 STS with about 70k miles, battery in FOB and Car are both fairly new, but that's probably not the issue. I've got the amber radio setup. I go into the settings and the "remote startup" is not checked. I go into the sub-menus, uncheck everything, re-check everything, and press the back button. Everything EXCEPT "remote startup" is checked. I then look at the sub-menu's again....everything is still checked. Oh, and no..no check-engine light.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The designation of fobs as being #1 or #2 has nothing to do with the number on the fob. It refers to the order in which they were programmed. All fobs are the same electronically. Only the programming makes one fob different from another. If the fob was programmed 3rd or 4th in order it will not operate the remote start and the memory functions cannot be saved. Read your manual.
Soo the other day I used my remote start everything worked fine somehow the button in the glove box got turned on for the valet which was causing me not to be able to fill up my gas tank it kept clicking and kept turning off the Overflow on the gas pump and I wasn't sure at the time what was causing the issue I can also cause you're remote start function to disable not only that but my trunk wasn't able to open either the only way I'd be able to get my trunk open as if I went through the little middle section in the back seat and pull the release to get my trunk open how is going to relearn my fobs because my battery died in one fob I replaced the battery and now I'm unable to use my remote start my trunk is locked I can't seem to get it out of valet mode when I try to reel in the key at saying 3 already known how can I potentially erase the existing fobs that way it's we learned as five number one or number two that way I can use my remote start thanks for any information I really appreciate it

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,969 Posts
The valet switch has ZERO relation to you having issues putting gas in the car.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,201 Posts
Julia369, Please post the year and model of your Cadillac. Thanks.

The valet switch controls the fuel fill door, not the ability to put gas in the tank. Some Cadillacs have had trouble with clogged fuel tank vents or the EVAP vent system causing premature pump shutoff.

·
Registered
08 STS-4 N* 1SG, 08 DTS Luxury II, 04 Bonneville GXP N*
3,205 Posts
Soo the other day I used my remote start everything worked fine somehow the button in the glove box got turned on for the valet which was causing me not to be able to fill up my gas tank it kept clicking and kept turning off the Overflow on the gas pump and I wasn't sure at the time what was causing the issue I can also cause you're remote start function to disable not only that but my trunk wasn't able to open either the only way I'd be able to get my trunk open as if I went through the little middle section in the back seat and pull the release to get my trunk open how is going to relearn my fobs because my battery died in one fob I replaced the battery and now I'm unable to use my remote start my trunk is locked I can't seem to get it out of valet mode when I try to reel in the key at saying 3 already known how can I potentially erase the existing fobs that way it's we learned as five number one or number two that way I can use my remote start thanks for any information I really appreciate it
Wow. That's a mouthful. First, break up your posts into smaller chunks of related information so it's easier to read and follow. You've got a tonne of different things going on and it's very hard to sift through.

As mentioned, valet mode has nothing to do with being able to fuel your car. In fact, in this generation of STS, there is no fuel door locking mechanism at all. This is a completely unrelated and coincidental issue around what seems to have been valet mode activation.

Do you have a copy of your Owner's Manual? If you do, grab a coffee (or other beverage) and spend some quality time reading it. These features (ie: valet mode, how to use/what to expect from fobs, etc) are all well documented there. If you don't have one, they are easy to locate and download in PDF format from the internet. There is no need to relearn a fob because you've changed your battery. If you somehow went into the mode to do this, you may have just created yourself a bunch more work and frustration.

No one here minds helping, but seriously, reference the vehicle documentation for the car first, ask questions of things you don't understand from the manual after. Some of the things you mention suggest it's probably still sealed in your glove box.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts