Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
STS, CTS4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have a question for those of you with the 3.6 Sts's. I was wondering if our intake housings have the snorkel on the bottom of them like the newer cts's? I have both sts and Cts, and I removed this snorkel. The exhaust note opened up and gave the car this aggressive grunt. Just curious to see if anyone had done the same mod on their older Sts 3.6's, because I wanted to do the same with mine.

Thanks!

·
Registered
'11 CTS-V Coupe M6, '05 1SG STS4 V8
377 Posts
Snorkel..? Like what an off-road jeep might have, to track through deep water? And by intake housing, do you mean air box? Trying to decipher this.

Also, please tell me how your exhaust sounded different with an intake modification without PCM tuning, because that is very unlikely. Perhaps the motor sounds different from a rich or lean condition.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
This is like the teenagers used to do with their old stove bolt Chevy. When they took off the air cleaner they could hear the intake roar which was good for at least .005 MPH on the top end. You find the same strategy in "B" movie car chases to make the lead sled rental cars sound like something besides econoboxes.

----------------------------------------------------

About the only thing it will get you with your Cadillac is a check engine light.

K

·
0 Posts
I used to take the air cleaner off my old 50' Ford flathead till I ruined the rings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts