Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the above Avalanche and am considering the Escalade EXT mentioned. Anyone have any experience w/both vehicles? Ride differences? Seat differences? Bose stereo differences?

How does the 345 HP compare to the 285 HP -- is it noticeably different?

I'm assuming the Escalade AWD is similar to leaving my Avalanche in Auto 4WD -- or is it a constant 25% to each wheel?

Thanks for any info -- Mike

·
Registered
07 quicksilver
46 Posts
I thought the AWD meant that its really a 2wd until one starts to slip and it kicks it into awd... I could be wrong... I know that my audi a6 used to permanant awd...

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
IIRC the AWD is a 60/40 - rear/front during normal driving conditions. And having owned the 5.3 and 6.0 I can tell you there's a huge difference between the power. I could run circles around my buddies Z71 Tahoe with the 285 hp in my 345 hp Escalade. YMMV

ETA: the Avalanche in 4WD is probably very jerky and rough when turning on pavement. You should never notice the AWD system....it just "does its thing" smoothly and confortably.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Umm I just noticed you're from Bentonville. I live in Rogers. So :wave: and have some rep points on me.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
670 Posts
I now have an 07 EXT but before this I traded up to a 04 EXT from a 02 Avalanche. I'm glad I did.
Big differrence in ride,.. much better and as far as the AWD compared to 4WD,.. AWD is much better in my opinion.
Unless you intend to offroad a bit then you might want the 4WD ( or the Avalanche for that matter ) but other than that,.. AWD is better as it's on all the time.
Wet rainy, snowy whatever,.. it's there working and not noticable compared to 4WD.
There's a big differrence in the 345 HP also. Very Nice ride in comparision.
I wouldn't have trade up from the Avalanche if there wasn't but again,.. unless you're looking for more offroad once in a while, you should really like the Escalade more.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I was hoping.

And yeah, the extent of my off roading is parking in the grass on occasion. I just want the A/4WD for bad weather.

This is my 2nd Avalanche, and I like them (and the functionality). The EXT's nav, nicer interior, extra HP, and ride quality are more important than the offroading.

Thanks

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just picked up the EXT today -- the differences were as described (and I love them!)...

And the pivoting headrests are great -- especially for hwy driving!

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
670 Posts
Congratulations and Glad to hear you like it. :thumbsup:
Best of luck with your new ride :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts