Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am considering purchasing an 05 Deville. I understand that this model is fitted with a seatbelt reminder system that will sound continuously if the driver's belt isn't fastened.

Can this be disabled?

Is is true that this 'feature' was only introduced during the 04 year? so an 03 car would not have it?

Thanks for any information...

·
Registered
927 Posts
the easiest way without getting into the electrical would be to go to a junkyard find a similar belt and cut the belt part and just take the main thing that goes in to the latch.

Then just put that in whenever your in the car and don't intend to use the seat belt.

I myself haven't had to use this method yet but what I have done when I've driven other ppl's newer cars I just reach over to the passenger side and buckle it into my driver side latch it works perfectly.:D

johna1 said:
Hi,

I am considering purchasing an 05 Deville. I understand that this model is fitted with a seatbelt reminder system that will sound continuously if the driver's belt isn't fastened.

Can this be disabled?

Is is true that this 'feature' was only introduced during the 04 year? so an 03 car would not have it?

Thanks for any information...

·
Registered
21 Posts
My seatbelt chime only rings for a very short time, then stops. The red indicator on the dash stays on though. I have an '05 DeVille.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
johna1