Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 DeVille
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car shut off the other day. Been having an issue with them as far as emmisions. Investigation found coatings worn off wires and a broken wire. Searched for a day for wiring diagrams and pin positions in the ecm plug. Thought I had it right to bypass old wiring,I was wrong
Looking for help on correct upper and lower wire color's and ecm position plug number. Thanks

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,531 Posts
Maybe a member with a 2005 and a service manual will chime in, or you could subscribe the car to www.alldatadiy.com - it's the online GM/Cadillac service manuals with all electrical wiring schematics and diagnostic code repair trees.

I would try not to cut the PCM harness wiring - one mistake and you're in BIG trouble - those 188 wiring pins can be touchy. Better to splice the CKP wiring at the sensor connector end.

·
Registered
2005 DeVille
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I went ahead and rewired the sensors. Got the ecm plug right, sensor plug information was bad. Went to my local dealer parts counter,the guy happily printed the plug wiring diagram and ecm pin positions for me. Long story short,it's running again. If anyone one needs the information I'll be happy to forward if I can figure out how to. Better with a tool in my hand than computer/phone stuff.

·
Registered
2005 DeVille
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So my DeVille is running but still showing code P0385. I can clear it with the car running but as soon as I shut it off and restart it the code comes back. Anybody have any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,794 Posts
Did you replace the sensor or just repair the wiring?

·
Registered
2005 DeVille
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I replaced both sensors twice. Replaced both plugs and wiring when I found a broken wire after it shut off,and wires with the coating worn off. Replaced all the wires from the computer to the plugs. It's taken a couple extra seconds to start since I got it. Also replaced the starter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts