Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
05 CTS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an 05 CTS with a Nav system, two questions: I noticed there is a intrared window on the nav system...does this system have a remote or something? I also need a nav dvd for this system and someone has a nav dvd for a 04 cts-v...will this work in my car. Thanks for the answer in advance.

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
No remote, that sensor is for synchronizing the address book with wireless devices. Useless if you ask me.

And yes, a CTS-V nav DVD will work, the factory navs are the same.

·
Registered
05 CTS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks...also, I use to only drive euros and for around a hundred beans you could buy a chip that would plug into your engine's computer and boost the engine HP a little...is there anything like this with a CTS?

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
nope

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
that is a false statement...if you search the internet, there are performance chips out there for the 3.6L engines

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,821 Posts
What TXbest means by chips. Are chips that replaces the factory chips, nothing that you plug in to "download" new software.

KOT

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
show me

·
Registered
CTS
86 Posts
they make chips for nearly every electronically fuel injected car... u can also go the power programmer route... if you really have a CTS-V like your username states, u should know this especially since the engine u have offers a much larger variety of performance parts that the v6 cts engines... someone has some "brushing up" to do... txbest knows his stuff if u read these forums, not a good guy to try to bluff

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Ok. Just curious why I haven't read about one person who has used one here. Maybe their threads were lost in between the rim threads.

they make chips for nearly every electronically fuel injected car... u can also go the power programmer route... if you really have a CTS-V like your username states, u should know this especially since the engine u have offers a much larger variety of performance parts that the v6 cts engines... someone has some "brushing up" to do... txbest knows his stuff if u read these forums, not a good guy to try to bluff
Relax. See my above comment. Everything I've read here said that there is no aftermarket support for tuning the 6 cyl CTS.

I guess I have some brushing up to do. And you're right, I shouldn't pretend that I own a CTS-V anymore. Do they really make performance parts for a Cadillac?

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
they make plenty of performance parts for the CTS 3.6L, it is just a lot of these guys are more into apperance of there car than under the hood mods. but there are a few of us who do like the under the hood mods...

·
Registered
4,455 Posts

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Just to split hairs, a "chip" is a physical chip that you would plug in to the computer itself. This refers to the old PROM replacement days where you could physically remove a chip and install one with different programming.
Anything '96 and up will be a EEPROM which is soldered to the board in the computer and cannot be removed. It is electronically programmed using a "programmer".
While many people refer to a programmer as a chip it would not be technically correct to do so.

I don't know of anyone who is doing programs for the 3.6 but if it can be done I am sure someone out there is doing it.
It is a violation of Federal Law but.... since when does that matter anymore?

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up Bill.

I guess that's why I've never read about anyone inserting "chips" into the computer of their CTS, nor using handheld programmers on them.

So, to answer the OP's question...

...is there anything like this with a CTS?

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
While many people refer to a programmer as a chip it would not be technically correct to do so.

It is a violation of Federal Law but.... since when does that matter anymore?
we just call them chips, cause that is what manufacturer's and the people who sell them call them and advertise them as...

if the people who made and sold the items call them what they aren't, then that is violation of Federal Law as well

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I am sure the programmers have chips in them... :lol:

Yeah I think they call them that because that is the perception of most people. The chip swapping of the 80's is precisely why they mandated a EEPROM setup on the new ones starting with '96 (partial '95 actually).
I just wanted to make sure the people on here knew the difference. As anal as I can be I don't care as long as we all know what we are really talking about.
Some people like to know more but some are happy to live in ignorance.
Not sure where I fit in, there are some things I wish I was still ignorant about :lol:

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
i agree with you ewill. you know i always have something smart to say regardless. it is all fun in games until somebody gets hurts...haha...and i know you have thick skin, unlike some of these other people on here

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I have my moments... ;)

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
10 Posts
If you really want to tune that CTS, try HP Tuners. I've used it on a Corvette and I'm going to try it on my '05 V in a couple weeks. The web site has the V-6 listed as a supported vehicle. I think it's better than a chip swap, I did that on a '92 Corvette I had a few years back.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts