Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 base
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CTS is making a noise sort of like a loud humming and just got twice as loud it kind of sounds like a rubbing but not to sure. Ive had a few ppl look at ot and say its something different. Anyone have or had the same problem? PLEASE HELP.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
1,229 Posts
My CTS is making a noise sort of like a loud humming and just got twice as loud it kind of sounds like a rubbing but not to sure. Ive had a few ppl look at ot and say its something different. Anyone have or had the same problem? PLEASE HELP.
My vote is Hub bearing. Any difference when turning? Can you feel it or just hear it?

·
Registered
2004 CTS luxury package
300 Posts
My guess would be the wheel bearing as well. You'd only hear it when moving, the pitch would change with speed changes, and it may change depending on which way you turn. Definitely needs to be fixed.
The only other thing I can think of that would cause a humming sound would be power steering if the pump is cavitating, which could be something as simple as being low on power steering fluid. Do check that.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 base
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can feel it vibrating in the steering wheel the faster i go the louder it gets when i turn it to the left even just slightly the sound completely disappears

·
Registered
Cadillac
216 Posts
Probably left front wheel bearing, although it could be coming from the rear. A friend's Buick suv had the same humming (coming from somewhere), which disappeared with the slightest of turns through a curve. Turned out to be a rear hub/bearing assembly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts