Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my ECM, once I replaced it, engine power reduced popped up, and so did service vehicle soon, I havent had the codes read because I cant drive it, and I dont have a reader. But before this it never came up, any clue?

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
401 Posts
Did you replace the ecm or did you pay someone to do it? If you did it, hope you disconnected the battery and was extra careful about dirt and grease. I would disconnect and reconnect it ( after battery is disconnected) using dielectric grease. While apart, I would look closely (magnifying glass and strong light) at both sides of the connection. If you paid someone, call them and say come fix it. Good Luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes battery was disconnected, ECM was plug and play, cycled it 3 times, each time key was forward but not on, ten mins each time, and was all clean, could it be possible they programmed it incorrectly? Bought from All Computer Resources, already figuring out how to return it

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >131k miles
695 Posts
It is possible the unit is bad or connection(s) is bad. However it would be nice to know the codes. This would allow you to explore possible sensor connections, etc. Do you know anyone with a scanner? Also contact the company tech support...they may have heard of similar issues previously.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I had it scanned and codes p2544 and p0122 popped up, any idea what these are

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >131k miles
695 Posts
P0122 is a throttle position sensor code. It is possible that one or more of the pins in the ECU are dirty, but also possible that the circuit is failing elsewhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your help, but I'm an idiot lol, I fixed it thanks to my father in laws persistence to show him nothing was wrong with the ECM itself, proved me wrong, bent prong on bottom connector on ECM,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts