Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1999 Deville base
95 Eldorado, 99 Deville, 05 CTS
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jumped in my car to take off this morning and it fired some but ddnt start. Tried again and it tries to run, but also sounds like it's out of time at the same time. That's all it'll do, kinda run, and that "out of time" sound. Alternates back n forth, while I'm cranking it. 158k. U1300 current-vlass 2 data link low, P1629 Current-Anti theft cranking signal, and P1013 Bank 2 intake camshaft position park position. The first 2 codes I've had a lot of times before. Was no problem. The P1013 I had for first time 2 months ago. Car was running fine. I would think I would get a P0008 code(camshaft timing) first, before it jumped time? Maybe the camshaft actuator is out? The P1013 2 months ago was a failing actuator? I hope it's something simple. And cheap!, because I just spent all my money for front end parts, to save my tires. Been running great! Anybody had this before?

·
1999 Deville base
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hasn't anyone had a p1013 intake camshaft actuator park position code before? Ryan? Sub? Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >129k miles
539 Posts
I have not. Is it possible that the connector is not making contact at one of the solenoids or sensors? I would start there (apply dielectric grease to terminals at all of them), clear the code, and retry. Also at the throttle body connector. I would expect other codes too, but kinda at a loss here.

I don't think it is likely that the chain jumped time unless the chain(s) or related components broke or failed, at which point you would notice other symptoms.

·
1999 Deville base
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been having u1000, p1629, u1300, current/history, ever since Ive had the car. 10k miles ago. It always started. Ran fine. This time 3 codes say current at same time-u1300,p1629 and p1013, and wont start. Code descriptions in 1st post. Cleaned and reconnected all available grounds with dielectric, when first got the car. I'm gonna ck that solenoid connection, like you said, and if that doesnt help, a battery disconnect. If that doesnt do it, maybe bad solenoid or computer? My new front control arms came yesterday, and cars broke down!

·
1999 Deville base
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I ckd all the underhood fuses, did a battery disconnect. Took solenoid connector off and ckd voltage at connector and resistance at solenoid. Got 55 to 60 lb fuel pressure. Still wont start. Tried with solenoid plugged in and unplugged. One difference though, the other day it sounded like one bank was out of time and the other wanted to run. NOW, it sound just like it's out of fuel......or not getting enough. It will almost idle. The only think I can think of to do next, is to pull the solenoid and inspect it. Need oil change too, dark, but it's no at all thick. Drips easily off the stick. Anybody have any other ideas?

·
1999 Deville base
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fixed it! Was in the data link connector. Prob what has been throwing codes since I got the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts