Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a total noob when it comes to cars so bare with me here. Every time I speed up to 60KM and then to 80KM it feels like the car stutters and shakes as if im carrying a beluga in the trunk.
Tried going up a hill and the struggle was real after which time the engine light came on and hasnt gone away since. I have about 177,000 KM on the car. Any idea what the issue is? When driving at
a consistent speed its fine but going from stop and go to reach 60km the car seems to really struggle. Please help

·
Registered
2005 CTS/ 2008 DTS/ 2008 STS V8 N*/ 2011 CTS4 ALL W/D Pearl
688 Posts
Im a total noob when it comes to cars so bare with me here. Every time I speed up to 60KM and then to 80KM it feels like the car stutters and shakes as if im carrying a beluga in the trunk.
Tried going up a hill and the struggle was real after which time the engine light came on and hasnt gone away since. I have about 177,000 KM on the car. Any idea what the issue is? When driving at
a consistent speed its fine but going from stop and go to reach 60km the car seems to really struggle. Please help
I lived in Edmonton for 2 years, you have no hills unless they grew since the 80's. Like Kingoftypos said we need codes to help you. You have codes, you have the engine light on.

I would make sure the oil is right FULL these engines do not like to get low on oil.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I lived in Edmonton for 2 years, you have no hills unless they grew since the 80's. Like Kingoftypos said we need codes to help you. You have codes, you have the engine light on.

I would make sure the oil is right FULL these engines do not like to get low on oil.
The one by the Legislature is the one that caused the engine light to come on. I did an Oil Change 2 days before the light came on so not for lack of oil. I will definitely pull the code though. Appreciated guys :)

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,806 Posts
The one by the Legislature is the one that caused the engine light to come on. I did an Oil Change 2 days before the light came on so not for lack of oil. I will definitely pull the code though. Appreciated guys :)
Did you do the oil change yourself? If not, CHECK that dip stick NOW!

Even if you did the oil change yourself, check the dip stick again.

KOT

·
Registered
2005 CTS 2.8L
21 Posts
Before my CTS died, it would struggle at around 45 mph - as if trying to find the right gear in the trans to go into.
check for codes first, but a tranny flush and fill may be needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts