Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS 2.8L 6spd
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states I'm looking at eventually doing something to improve my MPG , are there any modifications that can or have been done proving actual benefits other than straight performance ? I don't beat on the car nor do I intend on doing so , it would be nice to get a little better MPG if at all possible , and if I am able to get a little more power out of it while doing so that's great too. I was a big 3800 series owner for years and I know there were tons of aftermarket modifications that could be done with little to no money, hoping to find something similar for the 2.8L so any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Tmugz

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,026 Posts
Can't say I've read about anybody doing any MPG mods.

What wheels and tires (size, brand, model) are on the car? Smaller and lighter might not look as cool, but they definitely help mileage (both for aero reasons and for rolling resistance reasons). http://www.caranddriver.com/features/effects-of-upsized-wheels-and-tires-tested

Is the front bumper air deflector in place, and the radiator air deflector (#15 and #14, respectively, here)?

I'm not sure what tranny fluid is specified for the Aisin manual, but perhaps change the tranny and diff to good synthetics?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts