Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
It's controlled by the Rear Integration Module, located behind the right rear trim panel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you so much for responding so quickly. napa and jc whitney didn't have a listing. Cadillac will call back.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
If it's too expensive you might want to find some way to do a test because it gets its signal from the Dash Integration Module which in turn received a signal from the Transmission Control Module that the gear selector is in reverse. Oh, for the good old days with a simple switch!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well Cadillac parts never called back. I too still enjoy the good old days with my '64 cadi along with every thing else I can hold on to! thanks for the coorespondence. if I find the motivation, does the "right rear trim panel" equal the right rear interior passenger door panel?

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
No, it's the most rearward side panel, large-

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I broke down and called Cadillac parts again. said only listing was for a non returnable rear body module worth $300. does that sound like the right part? then mentioned a $90 transmission "selector switch" . had no illustrations for neither part nor location so should i invest in a code reader or pursue another parts? i saw no electric wires from underneath the transmission.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
All the wiring for the tranny is internal with 1 large connector to the cars wiring harness. I certainly think a Caddy parts man would know what a Rear Integration Module was. At that price, be sure the part is bad. Get to a parts store and get codes read, this is a body code so a cheap reader won't do it. If the reader will do ABS it'll do body also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this site is even showing symptoms of "wearing" over this issue. kicked me off with a display error yesterday. called napa who called a 'factory parts wharehouse' who deals specifically with oem parts. neither could help. so even if I get codes read, no one has the part . so are you up for a challenge? feel like finding a rear integration module where you live?

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I suggested getting the codes because it might not be the RIM that's not working. Code might show that. Also, there's a nationwide scrap yard data base you might tap into, a local yard likely will.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts