Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
White diamond '04 Escalade AWD
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '04 AWD Escalade is nearing the 3 year mark and the end of the standard warranty period. GM's extended warranty product is WAY expensive and I'm not sure it's worth it. Has anyone found a good deal for an extended warranty? How much did it cost? And what does it cover/not cover? Looking forward to some good/helpful info. Much appreciated.

-E

·
Registered
White diamond '04 Escalade AWD
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True. Just keep receiving reminders about it and some require you to purchase before beginning the final year. Who has what and are there any pointers you could offer? (Avoid this one... This one rocks... This sucks...) Thanks for the comments so far.

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
True. Just keep receiving reminders about it and some require you to purchase before beginning the final year. Who has what and are there any pointers you could offer? (Avoid this one... This one rocks... This sucks...) Thanks for the comments so far.
Good question. The GM extended warranties are usually regarded as the standard for what you want in a bonus warranty, but I wonder if anyone has found any "others" that are comparable in coverage and their satisfaction with them.

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade 03
7 Posts
I bought an extended warranty (when I recently got my 03) from a company called 1st Choice. Well, it would be my last choice. They don't pay for any fluids, I had a differential replaced and they would not pay for the recommended rebuild -- had a used one put in, numerous other issues. I would recommend NOT going with 1st Choice. By the way, the warranty was listed at $1500, 3 years 45K miles.
:tisk:

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
i added a 4yr on my 03 ext for about 1850.i did it in the last month of my 4yr warrenty.i got the gm gmpp from a chevy dealership online.i used it this month and got a rental car while my truck was in the shop.

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
debbie at ridgeway chevrolet 17730 torrence ave,lansing il 60438.great service 708-474-4990.i have a $50 deductible,48/32

1 - 9 of 9 Posts