Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 deville
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 04 Deville and noticed this morning when I went to unlock it the back only unlocked... sometimes the blower doesn't come on. But decided to randomly....when I turn the interior lights on the rear only come on..... when the back only unlocked I unlocked the front with the key...got in and it wouldn't get start. So I got out locked it up again then unlocked it first with my key and then it started. What do you think is going on??

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,422 Posts
Re: 04 DHS acting funny.

Your car has its own built-in diagnostic code scanner/memory system. Go to the Deville or Northstar main threads page and study the proper section of the sticky thread "How to pull codes". Practice, get any stored codes and whether each is Current or History. Write it all down and return to the sticky to open the link to definitions of all OBD-II codes. decipher your found codes, write it all down and post it here.

Sounds like something is wrong with one or more body modules. Maybe even the built-in TheftLock (security) and PassKey 3 system.

Please use the Profile and Settings tabs to update your profile to show Cadillac(s) owned. Your problems have nothing to do with Engines; Northstar. Thread moved to FWD Deville.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,254 Posts
I just bought a 04 Deville and noticed this morning when I went to unlock it the back only unlocked... sometimes the blower doesn't come on. But decided to randomly....when I turn the interior lights on the rear only come on..... when the back only unlocked I unlocked the front with the key...got in and it wouldn't get start. So I got out locked it up again then unlocked it first with my key and then it started. What do you think is going on??
==============================
yup - like Sub suggested -
check for codes -
go here for code definitions -
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/dtccode.html

------------------

sometimes the blower doesn't come on.
there are two common solutions -

one is to fix a bad ground -
check behind the passenger kick panel -

the other is more common -
simply a worn-out blower -
I recommend using the FOUR SEASONS 75749 - $46 -
http://www.amazon.com/Four-Seasons-Trumark-75749-Blower/dp/B001TPUCE4/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

1 - 3 of 3 Posts