Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had recently switched out my alternator and battery to try and resolve the issue although that didn't work. When I start my car the engine rolls over but doesn't fully start. The head lights work and the radio as well as the dashboard turn on too. I use a battery booster to start the car otherwise I cannot start the car. The battery voltage on my car is always above 15.0 as opposed to the regular 14.0, does anyone else have the same problem and/ or has any solutions? Another issue with this problem is that it is not consecutive although, it happens quite frequently. Some days i can go the whole day without the battery draining and not needing the booster while on others I need it every time I want to start the car.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
:welcome:

15.0v while running is normal. Especially after a start. That's alternator output.

What is the static (battery) voltage? If it needs a boost to start it, it sounds like a weak battery.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 supporter
459 Posts
is the battery draining or do u have maybe a bad starter and cables drawing too many amps?????

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,270 Posts
I had recently switched out my alternator and battery to try and resolve the issue although that didn't work. When I start my car the engine rolls over but doesn't fully start. The head lights work and the radio as well as the dashboard turn on too. I use a battery booster to start the car otherwise I cannot start the car. The battery voltage on my car is always above 15.0 as opposed to the regular 14.0, does anyone else have the same problem and/ or has any solutions? Another issue with this problem is that it is not consecutive although, it happens quite frequently. Some days i can go the whole day without the battery draining and not needing the booster while on others I need it every time I want to start the car.
=======================
15 volts is NOT unusual - particularly with a weak/discharged battery -

very possibly a "new-defective" battery -
what brand/style/model did you get -

have it load-tested -

1 - 4 of 4 Posts