Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,248 Posts
It looks like the magazines are starting to place the HP closer to 350 instead of 400.

GM still has an issue with the stigma of the gaz guzzler tax. So maybe they are compromising to get better fuel economy and avoid the tax.

Attachments

· Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,248 Posts
Brett said:
i think it actually won because car and driver cant have a bmw lose anything...but we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one, if the M3 is not a sports car i dont know what is...BMW's site has the Vette as the first comparison car in the dropdown menu for "M3 Competitors"...the car has an optional trans that is essentially the gearbox F1 uses...im not sure what your criteria is for something being a sports car but the 911 has a back seat as well
Traditional lines are certainly getting blurred.

(Quick, anyone know why that new VW isn't really a Phaeton?)

I think it's a stretch to call the M3 a sports car. It is certainly a Sports Coupe.

The 911 rear seat is more like a jump seat. And no one would consider it a 2+2.

There is no Coupe's (or Sedans) that can compete with the M3. Unless you want to include the Mustang Cobra. So they have to go up against all the other 'driver' oriented car's.

· Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,248 Posts
peccles said:
I guess HP numbers are used like
GHz numbers for computers. People like
one easy number to compare things when
actually it does not tell the whole story.
First, I would assume that stuffing a V8 into a 6 cylinder car, will increase it's weight. It certainly won't make it lighter.

Second, until we have that V8 car that has been properly weighed in and tested in the 0-60, 1/4 mile and slalom, then HP is about all we can focus on right now.

Welcome to the board. Please try not to start any flame war's in this section. And certainly not with me. ;)

· Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,248 Posts
Chuck C said:
from article:

a 370 hp ......V6??? turbo ? or does the family include V8s??

"This global engine will come in displacements ranging from 2.8 to 3.6 litres and be both naturally aspirated and turbocharged. "

I owuld say that the turbo would make 370hp. If and when it is ever produced.

· Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,248 Posts
Jinx said:
Who would want a turbo V6 over a natural V8? By the time the 370hp high-feature V6 hits the streets the Chevy smallblock will be putting down four and a quarter in modest tune.

.Jinx
I think the key word is GLOBAL.

In markets where gas ain't as cheap as the USofA, a turbo V6 would be a better performance alternative than a V8.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.