Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi sorry if this has been posted before...new to the forums

i have a 2004 CTS with 83000 miles on it...

my battery went dead after plugging a AC-DC (wife tried to plug shop vac in to clean car...didnt know she did it) in my cig lighter...long story stort didnt know if if the vac worked or if she plugged something else in...but went to start the car today and battery was dead...so i charged it and started up fine...now my problem is the traction control light is on and will not go off after pushing the button????

any ideas what the problem might be? maybe a fuse?

HELP PLEASE!!! :hmm:

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,820 Posts
First place that I would start is to check all the fuses for Traction Control. Remember, there are three fuse boxes. One under the hood, you'll see it on the passenger side. The other two are under the back seat. Just left up and take out the bottom part of the back seat. Then slight push the rug forward on both sides of the car, pass and driver.

Then to make sure she doesn't do that again, you can do one of two things. First would be to get rid of that dc to ac inverter. Second thing, is the "move" the fuses for the sockets. There are two fuses, one for the one under the climate control and one in the back. Both fuses will be found in the engine compartment box. They are labeled 30 and 40 amp, I believe or 20 and 30amp. Either way, they are the only two fuses that has a choice of two posts. The middle post goes to the socket, while the two outer post are either for direct power to the battery. Or the other choice being power from the key, in other words the car has to be on in order for the socket to work. By factory, the sockets are set to direct power from battery.

KOT

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First place that I would start is to check all the fuses for Traction Control. Remember, there are three fuse boxes. One under the hood, you'll see it on the passenger side. The other two are under the back seat. Just left up and take out the bottom part of the back seat. Then slight push the rug forward on both sides of the car, pass and driver.

Then to make sure she doesn't do that again, you can do one of two things. First would be to get rid of that dc to ac inverter. Second thing, is the "move" the fuses for the sockets. There are two fuses, one for the one under the climate control and one in the back. Both fuses will be found in the engine compartment box. They are labeled 30 and 40 amp, I believe or 20 and 30amp. Either way, they are the only two fuses that has a choice of two posts. The middle post goes to the socket, while the two outer post are either for direct power to the battery. Or the other choice being power from the key, in other words the car has to be on in order for the socket to work. By factory, the sockets are set to direct power from battery.

KOT

thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts