Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Base CTS work at Pullen solenoids Glass Factory for 36 and a half years
268 Posts
What are the new codes you're getting now?

Roy

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hook up a scanner and watch what your O2 sensors are doing. Up streams will usually be moving quite a bit and down streams should be fairly steady. If the downstream sensors are moving quite a bit also and you probably have bad O2 sensors. You didn't say if you changed them along with everything else

Roy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
At the top i must have forgotten to say i did change one that threw a code. Other than that i didnt change the other three.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Good idea. Let us know what happens.

Roy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks for the info. I wish i had a scan tool to actually read everything. Just a recap for everyone on what i changed is as followed. All six plugs (3.6l) , all six coil packs, all six fuel injectors, MAF, PVC valve, purge valve, ecm (programmed to vin), updated the pcm, all four cam sensors, all four crank sensors, air intake gasket, exhaust gaskets, one upper 02 (passenger side), tps ( from wrecking hard), has fresh oil and trans was flushed, fuel filter, pressure line for power steering, and i think that's it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm going to assume you put in a new air filter while you were doing all of this? Also did you take the time to have the throttle body cleaned? If not you can try just a simple clean by spraying it and wiping a little bit with a cotton cloth or the better way is to take it off and completely clean it like they talk about in this article:

Make sure you only use MAF or throttle body cleaner. Do not use carburetor cleaner as it can destroy it.

Roy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yeah i have actually pulled it off and cleaned it. This is the second one i have tried. Also i haven't changed the air filter due to not being able to find one but i blew it out with an air compressor.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I just got a K&N - FIPK intake system for my car and hopefully I will get it on in the next few days. If you want I can send you the K&N panel filter that I have in there and you just pay the shipping for it. Here's a link to one of Scotty Kilmer's little videos where he talks about a fairly new scanner that seems pretty good for only $36. If you scroll down further you can get to one that's a mid-grade one which I have just ordered. It's $200 but does a whole lot of stuff like steering system, brake system and other stuff that most of the other scanners don't do. Another neat thing that it does is reset the computer when you put in a new battery if your car has computer-controlled charging which I don't believe yours does or mine either. Go to the YouTube video click on the little down Arrow just below the video to get to the information. When you click on the links, that takes you to Amazon where you can order the products if you want. Hope this helps.

Roy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Those K&N are spendy. I'll wait to see what happens when i put in the other o2s. I would like to get a new once i find one haha. Does the K&N help?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts