Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have error codes showing cylinder 1 misfire and injector circuit 1 open. I have replaced injector 1 with no change. Same codes appear. I had it looked at by a technician, and they said all the injectors are showing an 8 volt injector pulse, which is not normal. He said it should be more like 4. To my understanding, the injector gets a 12 volt reference from a fuse, and the ECM modulates the ground to achieve injector firing. Is this correct, and if so, wouldn't that mean the injector pulse would be 12 volts?

All that aside, I have read the many posts on here of people with these cars that have had the same problem, and with the exception of one lucky guy who got by with basically a tuneup, the answer is replace the ECM. Does this sound about right, or would it be worth changing all plugs, coils, and injectors, plus a good fuel system cleaning first?

·
Registered
2004 3.6 auto
140 Posts
At 85,000 miles mine threw a cylinder 1 misfire. I replaced all the plugs and the misfire and code vanished along with an improved idle. Change your plugs is my recommendation. Leave the other stuff alone. If you got more than 75,000 miles on your plugs, you'll enjoy the ride better with new ones. Good Luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, changed the plugs, still missing. Changed coil packs, still missing. Had diagnostic run, no signal to injector from ECM. I need a new computer. I figured this was the problem all along, just hoping for a less costly fix. No such luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts