Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know much about cars, so bare with me. Basically, my car is changing gears really hard. It's like an annoying nudge every time. Maybe I am paranoid, but I feel like the car should be driving a lot smoother. I know that my rear diff. is seeping fluid. Would that have any effect of the feel of the drive? Or is it my transmission? I know this is an awfully general question, sorry.

Also, when driving 50-60ish on the highway, it takes a bit of pressure on the gas to get it to accelerate. I can push the pedal down quite a bit and the car won't react at all unless I really get on it. Does this have anything to do with my plugs? I'm at 80k miles right now FYI.

Thanks for any and all responses.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Any codes? CEL?
Check trans fluid. I changed mine around 70k on the 3.2, but the trans is the same as any of the other CTS autos. You can also check the diff and make sure its topped off, but this sounds more like a trans related question

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
yeah we definitely need your engine size on this to help you figure this out a bit more

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.