Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 CTS,The engine will crank over and fire but will not start. I've been having trouble with the battery so I put a different one in it started one time and I shut it off didn't let it run but maybe 3min. Went to start it again prolly 10 min later and it put me in this situation I've checked the fuses and relays there good. I don't see the security light but my gage lights are not working the car got really wet on the inside yesterday during the storm. Any help would be greatly appreciated to help me figure this out .
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
401 Posts
Sounds like the 1st thing is to get it dry. All of it including under the carpet. This may require removal of the seats and carpet. The sooner you do this, the less corrosion of the connectors. After dry and battery disconnected, separate each connector you can get too, Blow dry and use dielectric grease. Be sure and not bend any connector pins and inspect carefully for the start of corrosion. Fix the reason it got wet. Moon roof drains? or left it open in the rain?
Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts