Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the whole forum stuff. My cts has had the same problem about two years ago where the check coolant level popped up and took it to few me hanics and one found the problem he said was the thermostat. Now it's back again could it be that the thermostat broke or is their maybe something wrong with the compute I have seen weird codes pop up few times and one mechanic told me sometimes the computer just throws codes sometimes. Thank guys

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea its fine so I have no idea why it would be giving me that warning.

----------

Any ideas of what I should look for?

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L
1 Posts
Actually, I just resolved that identical problem with my O5 CTS when that message appeared on the DIC. I added more coolant to "above" the level line located on the side of the translucent reservoir. I added a lot more above the line, but still leaving plenty of room for liquid expansion when hot. Be sure to use a 50/50 water/antifreeze mix. There is a liquid level sensor in that reservoir, and it is very, very sensative when the liquid drops down to that level line. I would demand a refund from that mechanic that misdiagnosed the problem and cost you money to repalce the thermostat. A reputable mechanic would have checked the computer error code message for that DIC display, and would have read the Cadillac recommended solution.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh really because after fb check coolant level kept coming on my check engine came on and ever since he changed that it never happen until now but I will try what you said thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts