Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS RAVEN BLACK
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '04 CTS with the base (not BOSE) audio system. I want to know if I can upgrade A) the CD player to the factory changer and B) if I can add XM radio (the factory installed one). If so, how much of a project would it be?? and help appreciated.

·
Registered
2007 CTS RAVEN BLACK
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SoundAdvantage said:
This Link may help you with your question > Let Me Know ok!
http://www.carstereohelp.com

Thanks for the reply which answered my question about the 6 CD Changer, however I still want to add XM Radio. It seems to be a simple addition (probably a plug in module). Does anyone have any info on this? I dont want an aftermarket XM system. I want the one supplied from the factory as a $300 option.

ANY HELP APPRECIATED.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got an 03 DTS w/nav. but w/o XM. I wanted XM, but not an "add on", so the dealer ordered an exchange receiver box from Delphi. The head unit did not have to be replaced. It now displays and plays all XM channels. It works great and Delphi is now considering adding it to the list of dealer installed options. Note that the stock Delphi antenna requires a hole to be drilled in the top and the headliner to be partially removed. I didn't want the hole and complexity so the installer installed a third party magnetic antenna right above the rear window seal (wire hidden in the seal) It looks a lot cleaner than the stock "shark fin". It works great! It's amazing what a good dealer will do for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts