Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since purchasing my cts I've replaced all 6 spark plugs, ignition coils, fuel injectors, fuel filter, multiple cam sensors, crank sensor, the evap purge cannister, all of my air lines where I've also installed an aftermarket oil catch can (a must have), the battery, alternator, thermostat and installed aftermarket k&n cold air intake system. All of the engines fluids were just flushed and replaced.. the other day suddenly I had no throttle response I swapped the throttle body with a brand new one but to no avail, I was still coasting at 5 mph in limp mode. I purchased a new pedal and installed. Even more problems popped up. Suddenly I've got codes po202 p0204 and p0206 (injectors 2, 4 and 6 circuts open). I replaced the wire harness to the fuel injectors hoping to find the issue was simply a faulty wire grounding that side of the engines injectors. At this point I've noticed my valve covers are leaking so I grab a set gasgets to swap them out while I have the plenum off. Upon opening the passenger side valve cover I notice 2 rocker arms are broken and 2 more have been thrown. Dropped exhaust valve in cylinder 5. I replaced the rocker arms and installed new keepers on the valve and swapped the pcv valve, happy to have finally found the likely cause of the misfire in cylinder 5 that has been a sempiternal nightmare since I ran out of gas 6 months ago. I put it all back together torqued to spec in the correct pattern with new intake gasgets upper and lower& new valve cover gasgets. The car still hasn't started. It cranks and cranks and sound like it's so close every time I turn the key but has yet to idle. I've tried idle relearn multiple times but never had success thus far. Currently I have codes p0202,4,&6 (injector circuts) p0223( throttle pedal position sensor switch b circuit high), p2176 (TACS, idle position not learned) and p2119 (throttle actuator control throttle body range/performance).

At this point the only solution I can think of is to spend the $400 on a replacement ecm. When this car is running its amazing and all the pain in the ass is worth it. But with all the money I've dumped into it thus far I really want to rule out any other solution before another expensive part I can't return that doesn't solve the problem.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you dropped a valve I would suspect that it is possibly bent or chewed up and not seating properly.

Roy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts