Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,253 Posts
Thank you I will look into this..
I think 99-04 is a single amplifier I see some listings... I wonder if there is a way to test mine . I will need to find it first :)
=====================
there was a change in some of the electronics in 2002 -
2001 audio equipment will not work in a 2002 and newer Seville -
I know this is true for HU's and the multi-disc CD player -
not positive about the amps and/or speakers -

·
Registered
2004 Seville STS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
2004 Seville STS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
=====================
there was a change in some of the electronics in 2002 -
2001 audio equipment will not work in a 2002 and newer Seville -
I know this is true for HU's and the multi-disc CD player -
not positive about the amps and/or speakers -
Makes sense I noticed some different part#s in the multispeaker sets on eBay

·
Premium Member
1997 ETC
5,008 Posts
I think you have 5 &1/4" speakers in the doors, and a 10" sub on the rear shelf. At least that's what Crutchfield is telling me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. Today I swapped my high-mileage 06 DTS for a low mileage 04 Seville STS. I am happy for the most part except the stereo sounds TERRIBLE. It is the Bose cd/cassette with the cd changer in the console.
If I turn it up at all whatever music or voice is on sounds "buzzy" and weird I can't pinpoint it to any one of the speakers (although I suspect the dash one is the worse maybe because it's closest) . I have read complaints about Bose before but the system in the 06 sounded pretty darn good to me. The AM/FM radio in my dad's 1980 dodge ram sounded better. I have tried the DSP settings or turning DSP off it doesn't really make a difference.

I know it can be difficult to upgrade these.. is there a kit I can buy with all new speakers that will fit? And/or a new HU? is it possible it's some kind of voltage issue?
I am getting the service electrical system message (and a few others) on the dash- got an appt to bring it in on Monday for service/certification perhaps I should wait til that is sorted out before looking into a solution.
I have an 06 CTS and swapped the stock stereo out for a Pioneer touch screen system and replaced the subwoofer which was shot. There was a kit that replaced most of the existing giant useless stock system and now I have Bluetooth , hands free phone etc

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dump the Bose. The Chinese are making what they call 'tesla style' nav/media centers that will tie into you car if need be. The quality is pretty good and local dealers are starting to carry them. Bose is crap, it's audio for people who know nothing about audio. I have a 'CUE/Bose' system and it is junk. They want $200 for a CD for update to the map! I'm installing my Tesla sys soon and can have google maps and WAZE for nothing. And you can add power amp, if you want.

·
20,253 Posts
Dump the Bose. The Chinese are making what they call 'tesla style' nav/media centers that will tie into you car if need be. The quality is pretty good and local dealers are starting to carry them. Bose is crap, it's audio for people who know nothing about audio. I have a 'CUE/Bose' system and it is junk. They want $200 for a CD for update to the map! I'm installing my Tesla sys soon and can have google maps and WAZE for nothing. And you can add power amp, if you want.

====================
ya - that's great - but - will it fit into the OP's Seville?

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac EXT
51 Posts
Great I may end up doing that.. I've been doing a lot of reading. I haven't tried the cd changer yet. if that sounds ok I will know it's the hu (I think?since they lead to the Bose amp separately). If it doesn't though I can replace the amp (with another Bose) for a reasonable price online or scrapyard. I just hope it's not the door speakers I can't find them for less then $300 each- most listings from reputable sellers are over $600.
i have 2 door speakers from a 2009 Eldorado, dont know if its what you need? need pictures ? call me 3257160357

·
Registered
2012 SRX4 Premium
307 Posts
Since nobody suggested it, I'll add that I've bought many a used car with blown speakers. If the previous owner liked to blast the stereo, you may well be suffering from nothing more complicated than needing new speakers. For the record the Bose system in our SRX which may be nothing like yours is top quality. Then again, I don't crank it up to 11 these days.

·
20,253 Posts
i have 2 door speakers from a 2009 Eldorado, dont know if its what you need? need pictures ? call me 3257160357
=================
i have 2 door speakers from a 2009 Eldorado
REALLY?
that's very interesting - and VERY - VERY - RARE
since the Eldorado was discontinued in 2002 -

·
Registered
2003 Seville SLS
4 Posts
I had to replace the drivers door speaker on my 2003 STS. Water got into the door and ruined the speaker. I was able to order one direct from Bose for less than $50. You should be able to find one in a salvage yard now for even less but beware of possible water damage. Look on Ebay as well. The speaker assembly is uniquely shaped and direct bolting in a non-stock unit may not be easy.

·
Registered
2004 Seville STS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Oops I sort of forgot about my audio problems once I heard back from the mechanic and had to deal with a bunch of other things (haha magnaride shocks are how much???). Should have had the car checked out before I bought but im committed to it now. Car being 17 years old I was expecting some issues anyway despite being advertised as "mint".

If I replace the hu with anything it's still going to be going through Bose amp , so sound not much better (?), unless bypass it and replace all the speakers (from what I understand). I don't really care about maps or Bluetooth I'm going to plug something in Bluetooth adapter at cd changer plug instead and use phone.
I am no fan of Bose but the 06 DTS sounded "good enough" for me and I don't see replacing the rest of stereo at this time.
Still considering replacing both door speakers or just the Bose speaker if I can find one but no luck yet- thank you Riche I will look into those but as the other poster said there may be a difference 01-04 so not sure they will fit.

·
20,253 Posts
Oops I sort of forgot about my audio problems once I heard back from the mechanic and had to deal with a bunch of other things (haha magnaride shocks are how much???). Should have had the car checked out before I bought but im committed to it now. Car being 17 years old I was expecting some issues anyway despite being advertised as "mint".

If I replace the hu with anything it's still going to be going through Bose amp , so sound not much better (?), unless bypass it and replace all the speakers (from what I understand). I don't really care about maps or Bluetooth I'm going to plug something in Bluetooth adapter at cd changer plug instead and use phone.
I am no fan of Bose but the 06 DTS sounded "good enough" for me and I don't see replacing the rest of stereo at this time.
Still considering replacing both door speakers or just the Bose speaker if I can find one but no luck yet- thank you Riche I will look into those but as the other poster said there may be a difference 01-04 so not sure they will fit.
===========================
this might help get you started -
here are the correct OEM - BOSE speaker part numbers for your 2004 STS -

FRONT DOOR - 25717924 - superseded 25639893 -
they were used in all 1998 through 2004 Seville models with the BOSE speaker system - UX9
and the 2002 through 2005 Deville with the BOSE speaker system -

REAR DOOR - 25639894 -
1998 through 2004 seville with BOSE

REAR DECK - 25722342 - superseded 25639895 -
used in 1998 through 2004 Seville and 2002 thouugh 2005 Deville with the BOSE system -

·
Registered
2004 Seville STS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)

they were used in all 1998 through 2004 Seville models with the BOSE speaker system - UX9

REAR DOOR - 25639894 -

used in 1998 through 2004 Seville and 2002 thouugh 2005 Deville with the BOSE system -
Thank you
I did manage to find that front door part# before, but do you have an easy way of looking up 2001 Eldorado bose door speaker to see if its the same or would fit? I am having trouble with that one.. im thinking bigger doors bigger speakers maybe.. Also I guess I would need to ask Riche if his is Bose

edit sorry i see you already posted about the 01-02 change but the speakers might work because i think in 01 they used a single amp like mine?

·
20,253 Posts
Thank you
I did manage to find that front door part# before, but do you have an easy way of looking up 2001 Eldorado bose door speaker to see if its the same or would fit? I am having trouble with that one.. im thinking bigger doors bigger speakers maybe.. Also I guess I would need to ask Riche if his is Bose

edit sorry i see you already posted about the 01-02 change but the speakers might work because i think in 01 they used a single amp like mine?
===================
Eldo speakers are completely different than Seville and Deville - will NOT work

·
Registered
2004 Seville STS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

REAR DOOR - 25639894 -

Sorry to bump this again, but is there any reason i shouldn't put the older 25639893 door speaker in? There is a very clean looking complete 9 piece set on ebay for less than most retailers want for a 25717924.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts