Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I pulled off the top vent which gave me a view of the label on the unit. Part number is 25 770 920. Talked with dealer who is replacing the unit (sold me the car with a bad CD changer) and he says that part number does not exist :confused: The damn label says it right there! How can it just not exist? Anyway, if anyone could verify this for me that would be great. It's a 2004 w/ the Bose in-dash 6-Disc changer.

Will this one work?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-0...d1QQitemZ380316882897QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,819 Posts
Yes that eBay radio should work. However, just make sure they program the radio as a CTS radio. Other wise your steering wheel buttons will be weird. Someone on here a few months ago had a problem that none of us could explain. So they take it to the dealer and they said the radio was accidentally programmed as a SRX radio. So that tells me right there, CTS and SRX radios are interchangeable. Except for a little programming here and there.

KOT

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good, I'll get it then, thanks :thumbsup: The dealer said he would pay the GM dealer to program and he would install it himself. I'm a little worried about the "wood" color though, but it looks pretty close in the picture. The one I have is just the black one so this could be a nice upgrade on his tab...He told me to buy whatever one I could find.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,819 Posts
Oh, you don't have the "wood trim"? Then this radio will look like crap, because it won't match. Besides, this is aftermarket wood trim on to your style of radio. Therefore it's a sticker and you'll notice a difference in face highth between the radio and the climate control and vents.

KOT

·
Registered
04 CTS 3.6L "The Gray Ghost"(R.I.P), 05 CTS 3.6L "Fin"
369 Posts
It's not hard to swap out the dash molding. Check out the FAQ's for the double din mod. Think it's 6 torx screws holding it on. You should be able to take off the black one form the busted radio and put it on the new working radio to have the exact same dash console, just new guts. But yeah, make sure it is programmed to your VIN and for a CTS.
Personally, I don't like that wood grain. And if you don't have the wood across the rest of your dash it might look kinda goofy

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas! So I can take the faceplate from the busted one off and put that on the new one, install the new one in the car, and then have it programmed with a TechII as a CTS unit from the OBDII connector? Am I correct in my assumption?

·
Registered
04 CTS 3.6L "The Gray Ghost"(R.I.P), 05 CTS 3.6L "Fin"
369 Posts
yup. Take the old one out and flip it over and you'll see how it comes off. Or just look in the FAQ's at the radio removal how-to. It's really very easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts