Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am atttempting to put a line level converter on my 2004 Escalade. I have the console torn apart but which wires is it that go to the factory subwoofer.
Does anyone have some photos or diagrams indication which wires I need to tap into?

Attachments

·
Registered
Escalade
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured it all out....If anyoue needs info in how to do this and which wires to ues feel free to contact me Ill post detailed info on this thread soon.
Also if your looking for a grear aub amp combo for a great price look at the Audiobahn ATB10AT tube. It fits great and sounds great too.

·
Registered
escalade
24 Posts
im about to add a sub and amp this weekend how does it sound ppl say its not going to sound clean but i don't want to change my radio.

·
Registered
Escalade
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No It sounds great. All it ended up doing (and its what I was looking for) is giving the lows depth and presence. I installed a 10" tube with a 100 watt amp and it provides more than enough. I think the moutilpe drivers I have been hearing about may be too much for the stock system.

Attachments

·
Registered
Escalade
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The head is the standard cd casset, My nav should be here next week (still gotta find the antenna for it at a reasonable price). It should not matter if you unit is the lux or premium Bose system for the line level converter. It puts only a minimum load on the lines. As for the maxxsonics mx-4 yes I am familure with it and it will work fine.
As for the sub. May I once again recomend the AudioBahn tube. I payed $107 for it on ebay using but it now and am utterly impressed with its quality (expecially for the price).It also has a built in 100 watt amp that is solid. Additionally If you didnt have a line level converter like the maxxsonics mx-4, it comes with high level inputs. Big Bonous ALL NEEDED WIRING INCLUDED! yes it comes with 10 gage wiring and RCAs.

·
Registered
'05 Escalade ESV
23 Posts
Dude, I'm looking to do EXACTLY this in my '05 ESV… I want to keep the stock headunit (I have the premium Bose pretty sure), I'll keep the stock sub and amp in as well… I just want to get to the wires that I can tap into and reroute to my aftermarket amp (which also happens to be Audiobahn, but a little more than the tube : 2 ch 800watt (going to use as mono/one ch) and a 1700watt ported Audioban sub, and a capacitor)…… Where are the wires located, what else did you have to buy (leveler??), and did you unhook your stock sub?

I took my console apart yesterday, and saw the hundreds of wires coming from the headunit and said f* that. I need to know what I'm looking for first lol.

·
Registered
Escalade
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had origonally posted photos of the wires but I guess they take it off after awhile. I did a lot of research on the wiring and locations and took a few pics.
If you email me at [email protected] Ill send you what I have and give you as mush as I can to get it done.

·
Registered
'05 Escalade ESV
23 Posts
I completely missed the sixth thread with the modified picture back from July…*I understand a whole lot more of what you did now…*is the amp thats pictured, underneath and right beside the center console/arm rest? And I see that there are other line level converters out there besides the mx4…*which did you use? It goes for $50 on ebay, but I also saw crutchfield has the Scosche SLC4 for $20, and is a 4 ch…*just wondering, and thanks for all your help, I am no longer going to sell my system :)

·
Registered
Escalade
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes that would be the amp. First off to do it right just take the center console mostly apart to make your taps. Ite easier in the long run. Most any line level converter will work.....noise is the issue. Scosche makes some good products at a budgit price, but I am not familure with there line level converters.
I cant remember which one I used, I had a couple laying around from years ago when I was instaling. You might want to give the Scosche a try if the hook up is for subs only (Just be sure to find a good grounding point). Also they carry Scosche at Walmart....so hook it up and see.(I noticed them when I went in to get a Ford Removal tool there, 65+ from Ford like $6 for Scosche tool at wally world and works every bit as well) If there is noise in it...bring it back.
If you try the Scosche, Let me know if it works well or not so I can pass that info on.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV
360 Posts
When you say 'it fits', where are you putting it? Are you saying that you fit this under the center console?

·
Registered
'05 Escalade ESV
23 Posts
that is awesome, thanks a lot! I'll look around and get everything I need. I have to spend the day with the inside panels off to run the wires and find the ground you were talking about. Probably going to put the amp under the middle driver side seat, I'm sure there's one within a foot of there. I'll keep you updated, and on the noise part too, because I'll probably go with the Scosche unless I find a cheaper one.

·
Registered
'05 Escalade ESV
23 Posts
Also, in regards to your recommendation of the Audiobahn tube, Audiobahn is no longer in business, you can probably still find their stuff for sale, but there is nothing new being produced.

·
Registered
'05 Escalade ESV
23 Posts
Ok cool.. I'll probably use the Scosche unless I find something cheaper.. it'll be a week or two (or a month depending on how school is going lol) before I take a crack at it.. thanks for all your help

1 - 19 of 19 Posts