Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been in contact with the folks at trifecta and it seems they nor anyone else have a tune available for the 04 ly7 engine. Is there no way to atleast get this "fuel shut-off max speed" to go away?

·
Registered
2006 CTS sport model/package
1,058 Posts
ztollon said:
So ive been in contact with the folks at trifecta and it seems they nor anyone else have a tune available for the 04 ly7 engine. Is there no way to atleast get this "fuel shut-off max speed" to go away?
Just curious why of all things a tune can do, why do you want to get rid of the top speed limiter. Never really ever seen that as a priority before!

·
Registered
03 CTS (Dead), 06 3.6 CTS(Sold), 07 CTS-V
1,503 Posts
Just curious why of all things a tune can do, why do you want to get rid of the top speed limiter. Never really ever seen that as a priority before!
Maybe he just wants to get from point a to b...in half the time. ha. ooorrr, hes goin to teh auto bahn!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats why i labeled tune instead of fuel shut-off. Because id much rather get a ecm and tcm tune. Not much u can do if ur limited to 135 and cops can do 140. With all the other mods done i get to 130 pretty quick and then i get shutdown by the fuel limiter. Need more topend -_-

·
Registered
2004 CTS luxury package
300 Posts
If you're really concerned about police cars having a faster top end than your car does, I would frankly prefer that you sell your car and take the bus. I don't want to have to share the road
with anyone who considers it a priority that his car is faster than police cars.

A more rational answer would have been "I want it for track days. I realize my 04 non-V is not intended to run that fast and may be unsafe above 135 but I want it anyway."

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I don't know a track or drag strip where a CTS would ever get above 130 mph. I would also bet my car that "most" cop cars are not limited. There are no ECM's for the CTS nor are there any tunes for it. So if you wanna O.J Simpson that shit up then get another car to outrun the fuzz. Sweet Jesus I can't believe that's your reason to want a higher top end.

·
Registered
2003 cts
188 Posts
I don't know a track or drag strip where a CTS would ever get above 130 mph. I would also bet my car that "most" cop cars are not limited. There are no ECM's for the CTS nor are there any tunes for it. So if you wanna O.J Simpson that shit up then get another car to outrun the fuzz. Sweet Jesus I can't believe that's your reason to want a higher top end.
i dont think the cars are limited but i know the drivers are limited by rules usually at around 100- 110 they back off set a perimeter and let the helios do the speed.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First of all its not hard to out run the police. Ive done it in my cts when it was stock on the exspress way. Idgaf if the 50 has a bugatti. Add traffic to the equation and the best driver wins. And no shit i cant outrun radios or helicopter. If you cant get away in the first 30 seconds your not getting away so just pull over. Been caught once like that. And no u ****s thats not my only reason for getting a tune obviously i want a little more power. So u middle age men that cant even get a boner anymore without a pill, Get the **** off my dick. I dont even care if i get deleted for this. Most of you are sarcastic shitheads that dont get no ***** with there midlife crisis purchase cadillac. And if i wasnt 21 in my own house married and had a kid i would have a v so you and the economy can suck my dick.

----------

If u cant answer the fu#cking question. Dnt say anything #yourtwocents #get****#d

·
Registered
2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
659 Posts
ztollon said:
First of all its not hard to out run the police. Ive done it in my cts when it was stock on the exspress way. Idgaf if the 50 has a bugatti. Add traffic to the equation and the best driver wins. And no shit i cant outrun radios or helicopter. If you cant get away in the first 30 seconds your not getting away so just pull over. Been caught once like that. And no u ****s thats not my only reason for getting a tune obviously i want a little more power. So u middle age men that cant even get a boner anymore without a pill, Get the **** off my dick. I dont even care if i get deleted for this. Most of you are sarcastic shitheads that dont get no ***** with there midlife crisis purchase cadillac. And if i wasnt 21 in my own house married and had a kid i would have a v so you and the economy can suck my dick.

----------

If u cant answer the fu#cking question. Dnt say anything #yourtwocents #get****#d
That's cute.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
ztollon said:

----------

Wow, I didn't realize you were on your period. Sorry for expressing my opinion on your stupid ass question. Out running the cops.....seriously? You are the type of young punk that gives car enthusiasts a bad name. Do you get chocolate milk and coloring books for Christmas? Your lack of any sort of gray matter between your ears is astonishing. I do hope that the mods decide you could use a vacation from the forum. I hope don't ever expect an answer to any more of your posts!

Have a nice day!

·
Registered
'07 CTS 3.6
2,937 Posts

----------

I bet you're 10 ft. tall & bulletproof, too.

Esp. after 1/2 a lite beer.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,819 Posts

----------

Wow, I didn't realize you were on your period.

KOT

·
Registered
2004 CTS luxury package
300 Posts
Internet badass syndrome...someone has it.

These children amuse me.

To admit that you've outrun the police in the past reinforces my previous statement. No, I don't want to share the road with an idiot like you.

But that's OK. I figure you'll kill yourself by your bad driving and even worse judgement within a couple of years if you don't grow out of it first.

I just hope you don't take any innocent bystanders with you when you do it.

·
Registered
03 CTS (Dead), 06 3.6 CTS(Sold), 07 CTS-V
1,503 Posts
well that escalated quickly.... I believe hp tuners still has something.

If you're gonna go fast, do it when you're not around other people, so its your ass, not theirs/one of ours.

And if your that worried about running from the cops, why don't you just buy a bike?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow to get that type of reaction im assuming i have alot of middle age men in the crowd. Must have hit the nail on the head. And im not just pissed about what you say to me, idgaf really., but i read post of you guys making fun of people who have honest questions about there car. That pisses me off because none of you are better than me or anyone else. And yes im a "young punk" get over it. You were my age once too.

----------

Oh and have a 97 dyna w s&s 113 kit. My bike motor is almost as big as sum of these hondas.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,819 Posts
Wow to get that type of reaction im assuming i have alot of middle age men in the crowd. Must have hit the nail on the head. And im not just pissed about what you say to me, idgaf really., but i read post of you guys making fun of people who have honest questions about there car. That pisses me off because none of you are better than me or anyone else. And yes im a "young punk" get over it. You were my age once too.

----------

Oh and have a 97 dyna w s&s 113 kit. My bike motor is almost as big as sum of these hondas.
Apparently you do give a f, because you won't shut up. By the way, it's "their" not "there".

KOT

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
ztollon said:

----------

Yes sir, it was an honest question. It got stupid when you rambled on about out running cops. Now that you have made a lot of friends on here, you can find another site to ask questions on because I am sure this is the last thread anyone will reply to of yours.

Yours Truly,
A 35 year old man.

And your are right, I was as young as you once, just not as stupid as you!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts