Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I"m not sure which of these caddys I should get within this model year range? I'm leaning towards the STS but am Leary or all the Northstar engine horror stories I hear how are the newer '05 and up Northstar engines as far as problems go? Didn't the STS's come with another motor besides the northstar from '05-currently? I'm torn as to which of these cars I should get they seem to be within the same price range give or take so which do you think is the better cadillac of the two?

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
since this is the CTS forum...i would say the CTS

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior
998 Posts
The CTS is smaller and sportier... however the STS is essentially unchanged (minus the grill/fascia update) since 2004, so a used 2004 STS will look less dated than a used 2004 CTS. But I feel that the CTS is more agile and handles better. I think both are great. The STS also comes with a 3.6l also. Be sure to find one in the color/condition that works out best for you and I feel either car would be great.

·
Registered
2006 STS N* 1SE
2,399 Posts
My teenager sat in the back of my STS on a recent 8-hour trip. Doubt one could do that without griping in a CTS.

Does a standard golf bag fit in an CTS trunk? Two bags?

In other words - what matters to you once you have the car? Got passengers? Got sport-car-itis (not even sure what that might mean)? Aren't these basically the same car except for interior size?

·
Registered
04' CTS 3.6L
163 Posts
My teenager sat in the back of my STS on a recent 8-hour trip. Doubt one could do that without griping in a CTS.

Does a standard golf bag fit in an CTS trunk? Two bags?

In other words - what matters to you once you have the car? Got passengers? Got sport-car-itis (not even sure what that might mean)? Aren't these basically the same car except for interior size?

The trunk can barely fit 2 golf bags in it. If that is a requirement do not expect to fit a foursome in the CTS. Other than that, I love my CTS.

·
Registered
Ex-CTS owner
1,229 Posts
Like others have said, CTS is compact and sportier, while STS is bigger and has more room.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT
1,062 Posts
I have to take out my drivers from the golf bag to make it fit in the trunk! lol

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
ive always liked the STS4 in dark grey or black ...they are a little more $ thats why i ended up with the cts...i just wish it had awd...my only complaint....being in ontatio that is..

·
Registered
2014 ATS Performance 2013 SRX Premium
1,045 Posts
Brahman Cadillac in Miami just listed a 2006 STS-V for 39K with 2100 miles on it, I thought that was a pretty decent price on a very low mileage V.

·
Registered
2016 CTS4 Black
46 Posts
I looked at both and ended up buying the CTS because of the ride. To me the STS has the old classic Cadillac ride like you're floating above the road. The CTS has a sportier, more fun to drive feel. Just sayin'...:bigroll:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts