Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,504 Posts
That plastic piece is supposed to come?
If you mean the front plastic floppy piece that's exposed when you open the sunroof, yes - it's spring-loaded and pops up about 1.5" as the glass slides back - it's the air deflector.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Wow mines never done that I always thought it was supposed to..... When you say pop up does it come up above the paint or stay right at level?

·
Administrator
68,504 Posts
At least an inch above the roof line. There are spring fingers by the pivot points. Think of partially lifting a suitcase handle......

Open the sunroof and fool with the deflector......... You will be able to lift it quite a bit.

There is a procedure in either the GM service manual or Alldatadiy for removing the sunroof air deflector without using tools. Basically you open the sunroof fully. Hold down the right front curve of the deflector, lift and push the left deflector leg towrd the right, unsnap it from the mechanism. Lift the deflector vertical and unhook it from the slider. Reverse to install, finally snapping the left pivot back into the mechanism.

·
Registered
HAD a miserable Catera and even worse 2003 STS
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the comments but it's not what I wanted to know. I wanted to know if anyone has ever installed this on their vehicle, and if so, can you please provide a pic. Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Ok yea it works normal then.... I was thinking it was supposed to come up a substantial amount

·
Administrator
68,504 Posts
Thanks for all the comments but it's not what I wanted to know. I wanted to know if anyone has ever installed this on their vehicle, and if so, can you please provide a pic. Thanks.
Never thought about sticking one on ......... It looks tacky. Just like the link picture.

Your seemingly "simple" questions will inevitably take a few detours - many Seville owners here ........ and they all like to play with their cars. A member asked a sunroof question, I answered it.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Sorry to high jack your thread for a bit but I wouldn't install one personally that is unless you install the window loovers as well

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never thought about sticking one on ......... It looks tacky. Just like the link picture.

Your seemingly "simple" questions will inevitably take a few detours - many Seville owners here ........ and they all like to play with their cars. A member asked a sunroof question, I answered it.
I asked a question. You took the thread in a different direction. I wasn't asking for opinions. I asked if anyone has installed it. Period. You don't need to chime in on every topic.

----------

Sorry to high jack your thread for a bit but I wouldn't install one personally that is unless you install the window loovers as well
That's your prerogative. Again I wasn't asking for opinions. I was asking if anyone has installed one. Thanks.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
MOST threads on MOST forums go at least a little bit off topic. Get over it.

The extra posts aren't keeping you from getting an answer. Actually, they're keeping this thread closer to the top of the page.

If someone sees this thread, and has a pic, they'll post it.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,286 Posts
I asked a question. You took the thread in a different direction. I wasn't asking for opinions. I asked if anyone has installed it. Period. You don't need to chime in on every topic.

----------

That's your prerogative. Again I wasn't asking for opinions. I was asking if anyone has installed one. Thanks.
-------------------------
unlike Sub - or Cadi509 -
I recognize that you are NOT interested in ANYONE'S opinion -
so I WON"T say they are ugly - or tacky - even though I think they are -

here is a pic of what it looks like - installed on a car -

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Seville SLS
1,299 Posts
Honestly who would want to put a piece of plastic on there car that makes it look ugly? Never have i put one on any of my family's cars that had sunroofs because of the sheer fact it looks stupid. And for giving problems to the guys is really screwed up yes Submariner409 and i have had our differences but hes always there to help people, all of em are. So next time you have a question they will look away and you wont get a informative reply back from anyone.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
With replies like that good luck getting answers
I merely stated that I was looking to find someone who had it installed and had a pic. I didn't ask for opinions, thoughts, feelings, emotions, nothing. Pure and simple - do you have it? If so, please post a pic. E-Z! :)

You sure are testy. I've never met a more uptight online community than this one.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,286 Posts
I merely stated that I was looking to find someone who had it installed and had a pic. I didn't ask for opinions, thoughts, feelings, emotions, nothing. Pure and simple - do you have it? If so, please post a pic. E-Z! :)

You sure are testy. I've never met a more uptight online community than this one.
------------------------------
You sure are testy. I've never met a more uptight online community than this one
:canttalk: you should check out the Mercedes forum -

I didn't ask for opinions, thoughts, feelings, emotions, nothing.
I don't think you will have ANY problem with that in the future - :thumbsup: :wave:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts